Changing down pipe, worth it? or just decat on standard downpipe? Scorpion

bartrumboi

Apr 14, 2012
Hi there, was wondering if it is worth changing the downpipe to run a decat or leave the original downpipe and decat seperately to make MOTs easier. Plus the downpipe is a bitch to change :p

How much power difference does this downpipe really make?

Also has anybody purchased the scorpion decat pipe and rear section exhaust and could share any experience on them?

Cheers Tom :)

Br!dges

Jul 9, 2011
Wales
Believe he has a Leon Cupra R.... looking at his profile!

I haven't yet had my experience of a 3" DP because I've only just received it and need to get it fitted :funk:

However, I do currently have the scorpion decat murged with standard DP and Milltek exhaust. It makes the noise a lot better than the dual cats but the scorpion decat will still be restrictive over a single de-cat/sports cat because the scorpion de-cat splits into two branches to join your DP.

And lets just say these two branches and the DP are like straws compared to 3" piping!!

And although it is a b1tch to replace. Once on with a sports cat it will stay on :)

bartrumboi

Apr 14, 2012
Apologies it is a Leon cupra r, MK1 . Yeh i can imagine it is more restrictive but its the hardship of changing it. Im looking for an easy way round lol.

What sort of noise difference would just decatting make ?

cheers

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.