Changing heater fan

PaulieB

Dec 23, 2007
Edinburgh
Hey all,

So after all the various problems i've had recently, my heater now sounds like a tank.

Not sure if its just as crap/leaves has got into it or what, so i need to get at it and have a look as apposed to take it to the stealer (they have taken enough of my money in the last 6 months for me to never want to go back)

Is it just a case of removing the screws behind the glovebox?

IF anyones got a guide or pictures it would be grand!

cheers

jeffery

Nov 5, 2009
Check your pollen filter first, changed mine recently and it was filthy.

It is under the glovebox on the passenger side and you have to remove a panel held on by 4 torx screws to get at it.
Is fairly easy, just a bit awkward and a new filter only cost around £7

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Check the filter, 99.9% sure the dash has to practucally come out to change/remove the motor.

PaulieB

Dec 23, 2007
Edinburgh
Checked the pollen filter and its fine, if i remove it the fan actually makes more noise.

I'm guessing replacing the fan is a pain in the ass?

Don't really want to give a stupid amount of cash to the stealers to do it, so if possible i would like to do it myself : /

Since my car has AirCon is this a different fan all together / do i need a special fan, or is it 2 seperate parts anyway for the air con + heater fan

Cheers guys.

Last edited:

Danzibar9

DERV POWER
Jan 8, 2008
South Oxfordshire
No one seems to like to answer these ones. I have a noisy fan motor on mine. And typical there is no reference to in it in the Audi A3 haynes manual...and typical you can't buy one for the leon!
I can tell you that it is just one motor for the heat and air con. Removing i am not too sure about. No one seems to have any diagrams.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.