changing onboard heater controls

mizan215

hey, i've just had my leon for a few days and i love it, but theres a f ew niggles, this car has the analouge heater controls, i was wondering if it is possible to fit a digital one and how hard is it, thanks.

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
Man I'd love to go the oher way lol, well annoying having to press a button 20 times to change temp instead of just spinning a knob.

mizan215

lol, good point, but i had a clio before and had my eye on my brother bmw before i passed driving and they had digital ones and my close good mate has a bm with a digital and now this just looks reallly retro (just to let you know, i'm 19, passed when i was 17, drove my dads use and abuse astra for bit till i went to uni, parents didnt let me get a car of my own for 1st year of uni, so i've finshed my 1st year and bought a 1.2 clio, i don't know why and sold it 5 weeks later and now i have this 1.6 leon which a gazillion times better) but ye, an analouge one just seams really old, and i do an engineering degree so i like to prisice and accurate,

and i don't know if theres a problem with mine or if it's ment to be like that, but the actual nobs don't light up during the night, a bit annoying during night time driving.

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
The "Digital" control panel is part of the climate control system. Not impossible to retrofit, but there's a lot more than just the panel to do - sensors, motorised flaps to direct the air and etc.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.