Changing pre-facelift to facelift

Dec 13, 2019
Hi Gents,

I currently own a 2009 pre-facelift Seat Ibiza 6J and was thinking of putting a bodykit onto it. Its a SE (God knows what that means) 3 door Sports Coupe edition black and was wondering if there was any way to change the front bumper to the 2012 facelift version or if anyone has done it?

Also if that means the front headlamps need changing, that can happen

I know I should have purchased a facelift model but just wanted to know if this can be done and if it will look good?

To give you an idea on the bodykit I am thinking of using if this is not the case, is as follows: https://www.magnatuning.com/en/product/11332/Seat-Ibiza-6J-V2-Body-Kit

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Shape of the headlights and grille is nice. Double side lights on each side too.

Just a much more individual look than the Leon Lite front that the facelift got.

Even my crappy Toledo Mk4 (see profile pic) has the same front end as the 2012-on Ibiza

Dec 13, 2019
Shape of the headlights and grille is nice. Double side lights on each side too.

Just a much more individual look than the Leon Lite front that the facelift got.

Even my crappy Toledo Mk4 (see profile pic) has the same front end as the 2012-on Ibiza

Ah I see what you mean, I thought they just upgraded the lights to Led and made the front sharper, looks like a lancer to me for some reason.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Ibiza didn't get LED DRL on the front till the second facelift (mid 2015?).

Maybe those with Xenons had LED earlier?

Bonnet looks different between 08 and 12 models as well.

AlR

Dec 10, 2016
Be careful what you are doing! The headlights are look to be physically different shapes, so that means anything that goes around them is as well. So, bonnet, wings? as well as the actual front bumper. If you are going for the full kit as in your link - your car is a 3-door against the 5-door pictured. The rear lights are different between 3 & 5 door models. If your car has single headlights, stick with singles as the switching would need to be changed i.e single bulb turns off low beam when high is selected, but twin bulbs keep low on and adds high to it.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.