Changing suspension

Deleted member 103408

I've got the front and rear turning up tomorrow, are they easy to fit?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Front I got a body shop to fit, Its much easier if you can raise the car from what I have seen.
Rear is very easy did it on my own, check out https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....2014-rear-bumper-removal.444362/#post-4840515 I took the rear bumper off and fitted using supplied bolts and added in some extra screws from the inside.

I also rapped the cross bar to make it different from everybody else setup.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
From KW's own site...

Screenshot 2019-04-04 at 22.25.15.png

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
Front I got a body shop to fit, Its much easier if you can raise the car from what I have seen.
Rear is very easy did it on my own, check out https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....2014-rear-bumper-removal.444362/#post-4840515 I took the rear bumper off and fitted using supplied bolts and added in some extra screws from the inside.

I also rapped the cross bar to make it different from everybody else setup.
Did they have to take the front bumper off to fit the front splitter?
Thank you for the rear bumper removal guide that will come in very handy.

Krafty_Bizkit

Mar 15, 2019
South London
It doesn't say that's how much it lowers when you put the suspension on, that is saying how much you can lower and raise the car once suspension is installed.

Yes it does chap, the lower of each set of numbers is the minimum the ride height will be lowered by fitting them. Therefore by fitting them the car will be lowered by 15mm at the front and 10mm at the back. The fact they are adjustable means you can increase this to a max of 45mm on the front and 35mm on the back. If you fit them you will not be able to adjust to the standard ride height

Reactions: Damo H

Deleted member 103408

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
lol.

Once again the CUPRA section and isn't anything to do with a CUPRA Ateca.
What on earth are you talking about cupra ateca?
You might always think your right about where to post stuff but I posted this everywhere and this is the page that got a reply so I don't think it matters about being in the cupra section (where nobody answers) as long as its answered, and as you can see for yourself it has been.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
What on earth are you talking about cupra ateca?
You might always think your right about where to post stuff but I posted this everywhere and this is the page that got a reply so I don't think it matters about being in the cupra section (where nobody answers) as long as its answered, and as you can see for yourself it has been.

Morning,

Could we possibly bring it down a peg or 2... Just reviewing this thread and you seem to be a little more hostile than most when people either have to repeat themselves or you take offence to something.

@AndrewJB is correct this is the wrong place to post to (although he could of worded it better) unless you have a brand new Cupra (with Cupra badge not the SEAT badge) anything else that's cupra like the MK3 Leon Cupra should live in the MK3 section, you mention posting everywhere which for me doesn't help matters as we have multiple results and empty threads which I now have to find and sort out.

Please remember that this forum is for everyone and you've had alot of help from people here it's always nice to finish with what you decided to do and reasoning as this may help other people in the future with your same question, oh and if you haven't already (long read) maybe a few thank you mentions.

We're a friendly bunch.

Cheers

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
What he said. You can adjust within the pre defined settings at any time you want they give you a tool to do it.

Here is a couple pics so you can see how levels can change

Cadwell Park.

index.php

Front Driveway
index.php

With new Track Wheels and Tyres.
index.php

check out my readers ride for many more pics.
Do you know what size the front strut diameter was when you bought them?

Deleted member 103408

Item Name: KW DDC ‘Plug & Play’ Coilover Suspension Kit
Item Part Number: 39081006
Item Description: Leon 5F Cupra 2.0TSi (10/2012>)
Item Option: 55mm Front Strut Diameter

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
Item Name: KW DDC ‘Plug & Play’ Coilover Suspension Kit
Item Part Number: 39081006
Item Description: Leon 5F Cupra 2.0TSi (10/2012>)
Item Option: 55mm Front Strut Diameter
There the ones I ordered, so at least I know there correct lol should be a couple of weeks, can't wait. I've got a Forge coolant hose set in red aswell to match my red turbo intake pipe on my R600 intake so should look good when all fitted. I've put the maxton front splitter on and the rear diffuser it makes such a diffrence to the cars looks I love it lol.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise