Changing the alternator on a 2013 diesel

Mar 21, 2020
Hi guys,

I’ve got a 2013 diesel five door that needs the alternator changing, but what’s the drill ?

The lower right-hand bolt is too long to be removed, it butts up against the chassis member so I took to the net for advice. One answer was to jack it up, remove the wheel and plastic inner arch, then take off the access panel.
Surprise, surprise, no access panel !
But at least I had the opportunity to clean all the gunk from behind the inner arch.

Short of drilling through the chassis member to let the bolt out, is the next step pulling the engine, and if so how many mounting bolts need removing, and where are they located ?

I’m doing this on the street, but at least the rain has stopped. :confused:

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Hi guys,

I’ve got a 2013 diesel five door that needs the alternator changing, but what’s the drill ?

The lower right-hand bolt is too long to be removed, it butts up against the chassis member so I took to the net for advice. One answer was to jack it up, remove the wheel and plastic inner arch, then take off the access panel.
Surprise, surprise, no access panel !
But at least I had the opportunity to clean all the gunk from behind the inner arch.

Short of drilling through the chassis member to let the bolt out, is the next step pulling the engine, and if so how many mounting bolts need removing, and where are they located ?

I’m doing this on the street, but at least the rain has stopped. :confused:
Hi, I know what you mean but have not seen the actual set up, but is the bracket bolted to the block? if so remove the bracket, and put the
bolt in the other way, if not can (if out) could you put the bolt in the opposite way? if it could grind off the head and replace with a new one.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.