Changing the battery (and fitting plastic battery box while your at it)

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I know we already have a guide for this (which I kind of followed). But all the pictures were missing. It's not difficult, but if this saves someone 10 minutes scratching their heads. Worth noting is that if you have an aftermarket intake (with heatshield), the plastic battery box still fits and you can just move the intake to the side whilst you work.

You'll need to order part no's (I got these from our forum sponsors for around the £30 mark):
3C0915335
3C0915336A
3C0915443A

So all the info is in the same thread, my current battery is slightly higher CCA than the factory Varta that came with it (096 (278mm x 175mm x 190mm) same as recommend for an Audi S3).

Note that if you have some types of map (I have Revo), you will lose some settings. So I took my SPS and noted them down first so I could put them back on later:
OwA4kFX.jpg

Old (above) new (below):
zNEDibT.jpg

Before you start, disconnect the negative terminal and tuck it out the way (so it doesn't spring back and touch the terminal). You can then go ahead and remove the positive:
qCP0SHT.jpg

Then locate and remove the bracket holding the battery in place (13mm socket):
CoFCk3d.jpg

You can then go ahead and heave the battery out (it's quite heavy) and throw away the cloth cover (we're never putting it back right?):
Hgl3gRc.jpg

After cleaning it up a bit, take the back section of the box:
qph0xYk.jpg

I thought I'd got the wrong part, but those 3 square hooks at the bottom go behind the current battery base and there are hooks for it to connect to firmly:
ME0gI2i.jpg

At this point, I actually put the battery back in (cause it's heavy). You can see the channel at the back where the negative cable will run (but don't connect it just yet):
qCP0SHT.jpg

Now slide the front piece of the box over the top (it slots in either side and clips at the front). Make sure the cables are routed with the red at the side and the black at the front:
GXfMpVK.jpg

WS9QRt5.jpg

At this point you can replace the bracket and tighten it down:
17us0lW.jpg

And reconnect the positive, then the negative terminals (note the negative cable in place now):
XTGbYx0.jpg

Then just hook the lid on it's hinge, click it down to go from this:
IY7lHO3.jpg

To this:
ibBa5u4.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.