Changing the front centre grill...

bentonboy

Hi there, I have the standard black centre grill on my 1.4. Ive brought a new centre grill identical expect it has the silver chrome ring instead of black ring. The new grill hasn't come with a silver Seat badge in the middle though, just the shape where it looks like the old seat badge pushes in. Is it just a case of removing the old front grill, taking of the seat badge and then pushing the badge into the new grill? Anyone else done this? thanks

Edward9th

Jul 22, 2009
Dorset
It looks to me as if it's a 'cut-off' and 'melt to fix' procedure - ie pips on the back of the badge go through holes in the grille, and the ends are then melted to secure. You might get away with careful removal, leaving as much as possible of the pips, then countersink the backs of the new holes in order to leave the ends of the pips showing, and melt these in the countersinks to lock. I think a hot air device is used originally, but I'd try the end of a small soldering iron. Failing that, I'd try DS tape.

matfennell

Nov 10, 2009
York
if ya want to come pick it up you can have it for a small fee - cba with getting postage and stuff sorted though

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
if ya want to come pick it up you can have it for a small fee - cba with getting postage and stuff sorted though

York is a bit of a trek, for a grill thats probably not that expensive. I'm in no huge rush to get one. I just wanted to try some different colours on a spare one. Cheers anyway

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.