Cheap HID's

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
Sorry about that guys...he helped me fit my Raid Maxflow yesterday...and he was well up for doing everything!

That an I'm slightly twisted :fool:

DISCLAIMER: All comments mad in previous posts regarding the use of my child for ANY mechanical work whilst the car was in motion were completely made up...he only works on the car when it's parked up, so that I can sit back & enjoy the sunny weather :snack:

cupra jay

After reading that I just have this image of the bonnet lifting up fairly sharply at speed and your child landing on somebody elses bonnet a few cars back :lol:

Wrong.. so, so very wrong :lol:

pmsl i had the same thought :cartman:

TDI PEP

LEON MKII FR TDi
Apr 22, 2002
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Visit site
The wiring harness arrived today. I fitted it just now but I am still getting the flickering :shrug:

So I am giving up on this and putting the HID's in the for sale section, along with the wiring harness as I know someone was after a harness on this thread.

Thanks for all your help on this.

mydepots

The wiring harness arrived today. I fitted it just now but I am still getting the flickering :shrug:

So I am giving up on this and putting the HID's in the for sale section, along with the wiring harness as I know someone was after a harness on this thread.

Thanks for all your help on this.

Two things that you can try if you want:

1. turn on the light before starting the engine.

2. with the relay harness, only one stock harness is connected. the ECU on your car may have detected that the other bulb is dead. you can do a test as follows: if the passenger side stock harness is connected to the relay harness, then connect the driver side stock harness to your original halogen bulb and see if this can solve the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

TDI PEP

LEON MKII FR TDi
Apr 22, 2002
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Visit site
Two things that you can try if you want:

1. turn on the light before starting the engine.

2. with the relay harness, only one stock harness is connected. the ECU on your car may have detected that the other bulb is dead. you can do a test as follows: if the passenger side stock harness is connected to the relay harness, then connect the driver side stock harness to your original halogen bulb and see if this can solve the problem.

I have tried both ways turning light on before and after starting engine but they still flicker.

Its all disconnected and back to standard now. I have put them up for sale and cant be bothered to mess about anymore, maybe I will try again when someone has got HID's working on their MKII Leon. Thanks for your help.

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
I assure you mate, all you require is a pair of resistors. One for each side. Have a look on www.vectra-c.com (its down as i type this but should be back up soon). There is a chap called Green Growler on there who is a bit of a HID guru. He made his own looms with resistors in them and his HIDs work fine. Its just a matter of working out the correct value of resistor to wire in.

The Vectra-C ECU works on the same canbus system as the Mk II Leon, all is not lost.

leon1p

XBL - dervturbo
Jun 30, 2006
Aberdeen
www.simplyrc.com
Just read through most of the 19 pages in here.. quite fancying this but with the MKII complications of canbus I dont want to have to mess about too much. Anyone been successfull on a mk2 leon? Too clever for their own good. Really fancy this as there's a lot of deer on the roads I drive.

Deleted member 7729

I'm still tempted with these, but there has been quite a bit of bad press ref these after market kits.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members