Cheap N75 mod for everybody

Sim

who?
May 24, 2001
Budapest, Hungary
www.ignitron.net
Originally posted by Mosser
Others should get different results though because of the 1.3bar chip i'm running it isnt possible to push the turbo much harder than i do!

Yes, im afraid your chip is already maxxing the turbo out. I'm actually surprised that you haven't got any problems with the turbo covering such a lot miles this way. The restriction definitely raised my boost on my 1.1 bar chip.

Neg;

I was (am) using a Forge DV006. Taken it off for re-greasing (maybe it will improve it) also considering to tighten the spring indise with a big washer.

My first attempt was a 1.2mm restriction, but i found it was too much for my chipped car. If you go too restricted, it will be almost the same like running your car N75 less which is dangerous. The 1.5mm instead of the 1.65mm restriction is a slight tuning only. Then as far as i remember you are running the stock chip. It will NOT inject more fuel when boost gets higher than 1 bar unlike tuning chips. It is dangerous to your engine as the mixture will be too lean resulting in severe temperature increase. BE SURE to monitor your boost somehow (VAG-COM, boost gauge, etc...) or just simply don't go more restricted than 1.5mm.

Last edited:

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
OK, I will leave as it is. I still will swap back to original in a couple of days to see the difference.

Just out of interest then on my standard setup what difference (if any) has this made (approx) - to boost /bhp ?

Sim

who?
May 24, 2001
Budapest, Hungary
www.ignitron.net
I have no idea. My chipped beezer got faster using the 1.5mm restrictor. Without the restrictor, the maximum torque (~300Nm, ~220 lbfts) felt later, so i suppose the turbo can spin up faster with restrictor on. It would be nice if somebody could do a VAG-COM test about power increase/delivery. I'll leave for holiday tomorrow, but will investigate the topic more further when got home. I'd like to see some charts ;)

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
After driving around with this mod for a couple of days (200m) I have noticed more power lower down the rev's 2500 - 3500, obviously as soon as you hit 4000 the power increases more through the VVT. I am going to remove this at the weekend just to see if I notice the difference without ... I will let you know.

Shock_Xe

I think ima give it a go but gotta try and get the right tools. Any1 out there fancy making them then selling them??

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
Sorry about the delay. I have been busy all weekend as I am looking at selling my house, had to go to a christening and then to top it off I am ill!

Anyway, I will remove the mod tonight and see If I notice the difference. Let you know tomorrow.

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
OK, I have removed the mod and drove the car a bit last night and this morning to work. To start with I wasn't to sure if there was a difference but after driving a little it seems that the boost below 3500rpm is not as good as it was. As the engine hits 4k its seems to respond like it normally does. Its not a massive difference but I can definately say the mod did not make it worse.

I will run it like this for today and maybe tomorrow and then put the mod back in place then to see if I can feel the change once again...

Could really do with some acurate figures from someone with a boost guage or RR.

Shock_Xe

I still cant werk out how where it goes (which pipe??) I got Vag com registered just gotta get a cable & £70 to pay for it

Shock_Xe

Originally posted by neg

I can make another one or two if anyone wants to try it.

Cost me about £7 in total.

Would you still be interested making another 1???

Any1 else tried this or contiuing to use??

thanks

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.