Child lock info needed please!

DubSteve68

Nov 4, 2010
Up North
Hi All,

This will only take two minutes of someone's time...

Can someone please help me by checking the child locks on their Leon and tell me if they are a mirror image of each other (vertical for locked, 45 degrees or so towards the front of the car for unlocked), or if it's anti-clockwise for lock and clockwise for release on both sides?

I've got a failed door lock motor on my driver's side rear and it's also got the child lock on, so I don't have the option of opening it from the inside and overriding the lock. I've fashioned a tool that I've successfully used to release the child lock on the passenger side (big step in the right direction). Unfortunately I'm struggling a bit to get it to locate in the driver's side child lock and it occurred to me they may not be mirror-imaged.

If someone can help I'll then know if I just need to persevere with tool mk1 or if I need to fashion tool mk2 (essentially the same as mk1 but longer and works at a different range of angles).

Cheers, Ste

Last edited:

chriswales6

Mar 2, 2016
Just checked mine, the off (driver) side turns clockwise the near (passenger) side turns anti-clockwise to lock.

Both are unlocked when horizontal and locked when vertical.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.