Chilton takes a pop at Plato

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
gobby little ****er for a 21yr old too.

Shame it puts Vauxhall in a bad light really - maybe they need to vet their drivers comments more carefully.

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
Chilton is probably still sore over the Silverstone incident last season. Looked like a clean move to me, I think the stewards were a little harsh. :D

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
What makes me laugh is, that he is all sweetness and light. :p

The cynic says to me, this is just a bit of BTCC promotion, hence it being in the Sunday Mirror.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
ZBOYD said:
What makes me laugh is, that he is all sweetness and light. :p

The cynic says to me, this is just a bit of BTCC promotion, hence it being in the Sunday Mirror.
just what i was about to say.its like boxing,theres more hype and "show" before the fight,to get people to turn up.theres been plato V muller for yonks,now it seems plato has someone new to stick into the tyre wall :D

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
This is what really pisses me off nowadays. You used to have great battles on the track, but when the race was over, it was all very sporting and despite the odd argument, all the drivers got on well. Nowadays it's all about selling papers, magazines, helping the TV coverage and the media will stir things up to create a war.

Vicki Munter-Henderson is the worst culprit. How often last year did you see her run up to Matt Neal, Yvan Muller or Jason Plato and say "you should hear what driver X said about you! What are you going to do about that?!" :rolleyes:

The Plato - Muller rivalry was all blown out of proportion. The two of them actually got on fairly well and had a respect for eachother, which your average fan didn't get to see because the media liked to hype it all up.

I am expecting Giovanardi and Neal to have a rivalry built up by the media this year, as they have a wee bit of history in the past from when MN did the European Super Touring series in 2001. Ages ago, but they'll dig that up and start a new war.

Chilton's cocky at the best of times. He really should concentrate on his driving, as he's probably the quickest driver in the field. Taking time out to noise other drivers up really isn't wise.

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
Round two to Plato:

From the Brands Hatch website:

"Earlier in the week, Tom Chilton said he thought touring car racing was becoming a "bit too much" for SEAT driver Jason Plato. Now, ahead of the opening round of the 2006 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship at Brands Hatch this weekend, Plato has retaliated against his younger rival in a supplement to this week's Auto Express.

"Tom will always have something to prove; he's that kind of character," said Plato. "He's tremendously quick, but I don't think he's a great racer. I personally don't rate him anywhere near as highly as I do Fabrizio (Giovanardi, Chilton's team-mate).

"Anyone with half a grain of talent can come in with 40kg less than everyone else and plonk their car on pole position - there's no skill in that," he continued. "This year will prove how well he races at the sharp end of the stick."

Plato also had plenty to say on his other rivals, highlighting reigning champion Matt Neal as a "force to be reckoned with again in 2006" and that Colin Turkington could "do a great job given the right car."

Bearing in mind Plato's reputation of coming together with his rivals on the track, the SEAT driver's comments on new team-mate James Thompson were interesting: "hopefully we'll not be driving into each other," he commented. On newcomer Fabrizio Giovanardi he said that the Italian "ain't an angel, but he knows what touring car racing is all about.""

Seconds out - Round 3 :D

RJMaeer

High five!
Oct 31, 2002
Newbury, Berkshire
Good to see Plato having a pop back at Chilton today.

He was being interviewed in the car before the start of race one and the reporter asked him what he thought of Chilton's comments.

Plato said the SEAT team had given Chilton a nickname - "portaloo", because he's full of it. Nice one Plato! :lol: :)

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
RJMaeer said:
Good to see Plato having a pop back at Chilton today.

He was being interviewed in the car before the start of race one and the reporter asked him what he thought of Chilton's comments.

Plato said the SEAT team had given Chilton a nickname - "portaloo", because he's full of it. Nice one Plato! :lol: :)
i just wish he had said "full of ****",we all know what he meant.
and he's shown the boy what racing is all about (apart from race1 )

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise