CHIPEX - Stone chip repair kit - NEW SCN sponsor

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net

I would like to welcome a new supporting sponsor to SEATCupra.net

CHIPEX Stone-Chip Repair System, is a unique approach to car chip repair enabling the customer to conduct their own high quality repair to stone chips with a simple to follow 3 step system.

The system offers:

OEM Computer matched paint
No paint blobs
Fast and simple process
Huge saving on body shop repair cost
Repairs road rash

You can find out more about the process by clicking the banner advert above or visit www.chipex.co.uk

CHIPEX have also joined the forum so please make them feel welcome, they are offering all SCN forum members a 15% discount.

Just enter the code Seatcupra10 when placing your order via their website.

I have just received a kit myself, supplied to my requirements, OEM Inferi Black paint, its a superbly presented kit and I found it quite simple to repair a small chip last night in just 15-20 minutes.

I intend to do a couple more tonight and I'll be reviewing the product with before and after images in the coming days. :)

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Sounds very good although I am confused about which kit to order for Ovni Yellow...AMARILLO OVNI(99+)?

Some of the paint codes can have their European or place of origin names, the manufacturers sometime even give them different names in Europe compared to here in the UK, and it can be confusing for the end user.

The paint code should ensure the colour is correct even if the name might not make sense. The industry works off the paint codes not names, they give them names so they sound good in the car brochures. ;)

Amarillo = Yellow in Spanish and Negro = Black in Spanish.

Sombra Gris for example means Shadow Grey in Spanish, but its actually Platinum Grey here in the UK. :)

Last edited:

4937Liam

Jan 12, 2010
Lakenheath, Suffolk.
Had a look at this site last nite - havent been able to find anywhere where i can get an Emocion Red touch up kit. Will be purchesing one of these soon...:)

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
I may get myself one of these kits after my holiday, but like Jam Jay I am abit confused. :confused:.

I used the drop down menu at the side and the first colour on the list was Alpine White 92/00. Which is correct, but when you select it, the OEM paint code comes up as L025. But when I look on the sticker in the boot and in the service book the paint code comes up as L90E.

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
Would love to hear how this goes for people that get it. Looks good, but don't want to end up with the same mess I've got from the SEAT touch up paint (platinum grey my arse!!!!!!!!)

Aimez

The paint will never match exactly as the paint will have faded, I used Megs 3000 unigrit and cutting compounds and polishes to to do many of my chips, works but this looks alot easier. £45 oh maybe wait didn't realise it was that expensive how much paint you get!

Chipex

Forum Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
VAG Group BUY

Hello,

I am writing to let you know that there is a Group Buy which is now active giving you all a 25% discount. The discount code is: VWGB10

We can make paint for virtually all the modern cars on the market today. Should anyone be unsure of their code please call your local dealer and give them your vehicle registration number or Chassis number (VIN).

To order online with your own code all you need to do is enter your vehicle details in the drop down menu and in the third drop down enter 'NOT SURE'. On the following page you can then enter your colour code manually and proceed as requested.

Should anyone have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

All the best,

Johnny

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I will get around to a full review soon, I've not had much time recently with work. But I fully recommend this product if your still sat on the fence. Its an excellent kit and provides everything you need to make a good chip repair and its not a difficult process to master.

Having a black/special metallic fleck, my car is probably one of most difficult to match up, yet the paint is spot on. Under close inspection you would probably locate the repairs especially if they are quite deep chips, but you can keep applying layers once dry to build up the finish. Which is what I have been doing on a number of mine and the results are superb.

We get a good 15% discount as is, but at this current 25% discount offer its a no brainer. You get plenty of paint and other supplies. the kit will last you quite some time. This isn't just a one chip repair kit, it should serve you well for a while.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Just placed my order too after looking through the process on their website it looks pretty easy. For somebody on such a meagre wage as myself :cry: it's a little pricey but if it's a good as described I'm sure it will be worth the money.

Chipex

Forum Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
Hi Crafoo,

Many thanks for your order.

I look forward to hearing from you once you have used the kit.

Best regards,

Johnny

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
So far so good, I got my email today to say the product has been shipped, so hopefully I will have it in time for the bank holiday weekend so I can sort out the nasty stone chip on my bonnet.

Chipex

Forum Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
Hi Carfoo,

I saw the guys make the very yellow paint today!!

Please do let me know how you get on.. Your feedback is very important...

all the best,

Johnny