Chrome Gauge Trims

orca

Aug 30, 2004
N Kent
www.bdmlr.org.uk
Hello mates!!!
I have news the gauge trims cost 44.7795€ equal to 30£ plus shipment i can send by post. On monday i will check the prices with the post office, i presume it cost more or less 10€ equal to 6.69£ but i'm not shure i have to confirm. i think it's a good price. think about that and just let me know.

I'm sorry mate but answer is no. if some one needs anything More just let me know, another kind of parts.

Best regards

Hey mate I'd be interested too if they do fit a MK4 Bezza

rubble2

Aug 21, 2006
Really quite easy, they simply glue in place (glue provided) Just ignore the bit in the instructions where it says to apply 2 or 3 small dots of adhesive, I found that you are better running a bead of adhesive all the way around the edge of the trim, and you need to hold them firmly in place for 3 or 4 minutes untill the adhesive sets.

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
Really quite easy, they simply glue in place (glue provided) Just ignore the bit in the instructions where it says to apply 2 or 3 small dots of adhesive, I found that you are better running a bead of adhesive all the way around the edge of the trim, and you need to hold them firmly in place for 3 or 4 minutes untill the adhesive sets.

how do yo get access to them in the 1st place was what i meant, did it once on my gsi cav and it took ages removing the dash.

rubble2

Aug 21, 2006
There is nothing to dismantle, they fit around the edge of the recess for each of the three gauges. By the way, did you mount your sunglasses holder on the drivers or the passenger side? on my car there is no drivers side grab handle to replace it with.

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
There is nothing to dismantle, they fit around the edge of the recess for each of the three gauges. By the way, did you mount your sunglasses holder on the drivers or the passenger side? on my car there is no drivers side grab handle to replace it with.

does the clear plactic facia just pop out then to get access to the gauges,
for some reason the leons dont have a drivers grab handle only passenger, but it was to stop 2 pairs of sunglasses rattling about the centre console.

rubble2

Aug 21, 2006
Sorry Mate, there is no clear plastic covering the whole dial area, each dial has its own clear plastic cover inset into the surround - the trims fit around the edge of the surround , one for each of the three individual dials.

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
sorry Rubble, i went and looked at them just after my last post and what a phantom i have been, staring at them fo the last 3 weeks and didn't even notice:blink:

rubble2

Aug 21, 2006
Yes, the picture is of the trims fitted to my car, see my post dated 19th November in this thread for details of the supplier in Germany.

runer

Dec 11, 2002
holland
Visit site
Hi FezBoy,
Am thinking of getting the chrome bits & Aluminium look gear knob from Ibexparts as you suggested. Is the service any good? what does the average post charge per parcel

Fez boy

Apr 23, 2003
Watford
Visit site
They look quite nice, but has anyone in the UK got their hands on them?

Here are mine on the Ibiza TDi ;)

DSC02958.jpg

Last edited:

Fez boy

Apr 23, 2003
Watford
Visit site
Hi FezBoy,
Am thinking of getting the chrome bits & Aluminium look gear knob from Ibexparts as you suggested. Is the service any good? what does the average post charge per parcel

IIRC it was about £25 3 small boxes and about 5 days for delivery ;)

Use the link in the thread for Ibex and give them the part numbers and they will mail you back the cost with postage :)

ALTEA

Has anyone tried these? I was thinking of getting some accessories for my Altea from them and after emailing them they said that they would post to uk but i did'nt get any futher than that.

http://www.seataccessoires.nl/

Thanks to Klawit for pointing me in their direction

jay-bob 25

Jun 18, 2004
hi ive just bought the sill protectors for my leon fr from ebay , i think he has got the chrome gauge surrounds also , the site is german but i recieved them in 3 days , look for seller seat-factory on ebay

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members