chrome inner door handle,lever snapped

Big_A_Cupra20vt

Jan 4, 2007
margate
hi anyone know where i can get the chrome inside door handles from for a 2001 cupra? as i managed to snap the drivers side one. ive tryed ebay and have had no luck also searched google for them but not sure exactly what they are called, a part number would be great. cheers

TANKDOCTOR

you get the whole backing piece which holds the switches in place ,oh,and the crappy plastic lever.If its a cupra it should be black and not dark grey,this was the part No.6KO 837114A £28 all in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:censored:

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
i cant believe thats right? the handle which holds the switches is 11quid plus vat alone??? and its totally independent?

however if this is true i'm not too bothered cos i'm on my 2nd one and thats scratched to feck.

i'll know soon enough, expecting the part(s) tomorrow

sick of having to reach to the outside handle to get out!

TANKDOCTOR

thats not what i said.for £28 you get the backing piece of plastic that holds everything in place.thats why the door pull handle which scratches is just a cover that holds the switches and is only £12.ffs

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
right i see what was being said now that i have mine.

without checking here i foolishly thought it could be removed quite simply but after removing every screw in sight i see that it doesn't.

do i have to remove the door card? or do people recommend just trying to swap the chrome lever?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.