Cigarette Lighter - It's broken

Jul 12, 2009
London
www.flickr.com
I use this all the time to charge my phone, the hole, no the lighter :rolleyes:

Well I managed to get a 5p stuck down there, which was almost the exact diameter, fished it out, and now it doesn't work

Any ideas? :shrug:

Ash_238

Aug 25, 2009
Should have a fuse card behind the panel, strangely on my ibiza i've got them on both sides, even though the fuse box is on the drivers side. How weird.

PH1L NI

Agnew SEAT
Jan 6, 2009
Northern Ireland
www.modmedia.co.uk
Happened me on the way to a meet.

Same Idea, coin stuck down in, didn't work.

Wipped off the fuse box, it was obviously blown (you can see this without even taking any fuses out, the metal bit is missing the middle)

Take it out, replace with 15amps one. Job done :)

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
I had this EXACT thing happen to me :) It did blow the fuse. Just check in the manul it'll tell you which one. Go to halfrauds get replacement, job done.

gh1985

i've managed to get the cigarette lighter jammed in the hole somehow... think you're meant to push it in to release it but its completely jammed in. Anyone got any suggestions as to how to un-jam it lol

bloody_typical

Aug 19, 2008
i've managed to get the cigarette lighter jammed in the hole somehow... think you're meant to push it in to release it but its completely jammed in. Anyone got any suggestions as to how to un-jam it lol

A bit off topic...... pushing the cig lighter in activates it (heats up the element) - if it's stuck, expect it to be warm!! You should be able to pry the whole cigarette lighter free with a little force. As I said, it's liable to be hot, so be careful!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.