Cigarette lighter

Speighty

Jul 22, 2009
Leeds
My lighter was working yesterday, i borrowed my mums sat nav plugged it in and then when i have taken it out the end has come off with the fuse, i have not realised and tried to plug something else in and the fuse on the first one has shattered and my lighter will no longer work.

Is this a dealer job and will i get charged an arm and a leg.

Or is it a case that it could have blown the lighter fuse, if so how do i check.

Last edited:

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
it will be the fuse. its a 10amp mini fuse iirc. pop the drivers side of the dash off and there is the fuse box. look on the fuse card to find the fuse

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
i think he meant the gps fuse got stuck in there, he then tried stickin somethin else in and by forcing it he smashed whatever it was...i doubt it was something to do with the lighter

if this is the case then i guess you'll need to replace the whole ash-tray unit...which can't be too difficult i imagine

Speighty

Jul 22, 2009
Leeds
Any help on how to get in there as I have not needed to before, is it the panel to the left of the air vent, if so what's the best way to get it off.

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
i think he meant the gps fuse got stuck in there, he then tried stickin somethin else in and by forcing it he smashed whatever it was...i doubt it was something to do with the lighter

he says the socket no longer works. i have a simlar thing happen and it was where the fuse had shorted out between the live pol and netural

Speighty

Jul 22, 2009
Leeds

if this is the case then i guess you'll need to replace the whole ash-tray unit...which can't be too difficult i imagine

that is what happened, you explained it better, i will try a fuse, if that doesn't work then it will need replacing, anyone got any idea of prices.

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
that is what happened, you explained it better, i will try a fuse, if that doesn't work then it will need replacing, anyone got any idea of prices.

the sockets are cheap. but to be honest the is not alot to break on the socket. my money is on the fuse;)

Speighty

Jul 22, 2009
Leeds
71tk6r.jpg

Last edited:

Speighty

Jul 22, 2009
Leeds
I found it anyway, its number 49, i was told the wrong fuse size, i need a 15.

The metal strip on the fuse has snapped so it seems like it is definately the fuse.

Will get one tomorrow.

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
I found it anyway, its number 49, i was told the wrong fuse size, i need a 15.

The metal strip on the fuse has snapped so it seems like it is definately the fuse.

Will get one tomorrow.

sorry think that was me that said 10amp:redface:. it was a while ago mine popped!

hope this fixes it:)