Claying??

DANNY H

Mar 27, 2006
Ipswich
I picked my LCR up in black magic in January. I've only polished it twice and now it looks sh:censored: it already cos of all the swirls. My mates a car valeter by trade and hopefully if the weathers good tomorrow he'll get his rotory buffer out and give it a good seeing to. This has probably been asked on here a hundred times but is claying any good? It's my first experience of SEATs and i'm finding the paintwork is making me paranoid cos its so soft. I can tell loads of you have to treat black magic with kid gloves but has anyone had good results from it?

WatchHill

Twonk
Mar 10, 2004
Cumberland
www.gunculture.net
Claying is great, but what are you expecting from it?
Clay bar won't remove swirls, it just takes surface contamination off (industrial fall out, tar, sap etc). In fact if you are cack handed clay can cause swirls.
You need to think about where your swirls are coming from, eg car washes, sponge, maybe your polish technique.
Ask your pal for some advice.

TINCAN

Mar 27, 2006
MK
hi all being well i too will have a cupra in black, swirls over it too.... do normal car valeters do a proper job to remove these..... anyone know of a good person to do the whole car in milton keynes area....

dalepearson

Gadget Freak
Mar 25, 2004
West Midlands
mark@carsparkle said:
Hi Dale,

it may be worthwhile telling us what products you are using and how you are using them. :)

Based on this we can give you some better advice?

Mark

not me mate, i know I am doing. Danny needs the help :)

Stewie_G

DANNY H said:
I picked my LCR up in black magic in January. I've only polished it twice and now it looks sh:censored: it already cos of all the swirls. My mates a car valeter by trade and hopefully if the weathers good tomorrow he'll get his rotory buffer out and give it a good seeing to. This has probably been asked on here a hundred times but is claying any good? It's my first experience of SEATs and i'm finding the paintwork is making me paranoid cos its so soft. I can tell loads of you have to treat black magic with kid gloves but has anyone had good results from it?

Hello mate thought I'ed post a quick reply!

I hope your pleased with what has been achieved so far, albeit only the bonnet. Apart from claying (which it very much needed!), I removed the swerls with Menzerna IP followed with FP2 both applied by PC. The bonnet needing a couple of sets of passes with IP to fully remove the swerls, scratches & holograms etc. After the rather heavy shower, a coat of AIO was applied by hand followed up with Klasse SG also by hand in order to get some protection on before you left.

Hopefully the weather will be better when we continue during the week.

DANNY H

Mar 27, 2006
Ipswich
Stewie_G said:
Hello mate thought I'ed post a quick reply!

I hope your pleased with what has been achieved so far, albeit only the bonnet. Apart from claying (which it very much needed!), I removed the swerls with Menzerna IP followed with FP2 both applied by PC. The bonnet needing a couple of sets of passes with IP to fully remove the swerls, scratches & holograms etc. After the rather heavy shower, a coat of AIO was applied by hand followed up with Klasse SG also by hand in order to get some protection on before you left.

Hopefully the weather will be better when we continue during the week.

afternoon mate, it still looks great, the birds must like it cos mine's the only one in the car park they've shat on. Hopefully get a bit more done soon.:D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise