Cleaning a Yellow Leon Cupra

mark@carsparkle

Abnormally Large Member
Aug 9, 2005
Cold North
www.carsparkle.com
philtdi said:
i recommend a good old tesco car wash!

If you do actually go down the tesco car wash route I can also heartily recommend the use of some really rough sand paper to save you the bother because the sandpaper will do about the same amount of damage a mechanical car wash will. ;) :D

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
As mark said above really.

You need to see the results of PROPER cleaning/detailing in order to realise what damage a mechanical wash can do....

My missus put her yaris through one, ONCE, against my recommendation.

She came home complaining of the most expensive car wash ever - it ripped off her spoiler and cost her £50 to put right!

needless to say she listens to me now, never uses one, and I clean her car instead!

psq43

Wibbly Wobbly
Feb 1, 2005
Wiltshire
By the look of mine, sandblaster is a pretty good idea to shift the amount of countryside i seem to have aquired!

WatchHill

Twonk
Mar 10, 2004
Cumberland
www.gunculture.net
minxycov said:
tescos were doing those microfibre cloth things two for a quid the other day....

Don't imagine for a minute that these are anywhere near the quality of the purpose made car mf cloths. The tesco's stuff is alright for trim and cloth but I wouldn't have them anywhere near my paint work personally.

psq43

Wibbly Wobbly
Feb 1, 2005
Wiltshire
Well if you got the money then fair enough! I work hard and in difficult circumstances so do not always have the time and gear to spend my sole day off cleaning a car!

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
neither do I - but I find time to do it when i can. Its not like you spend 8hrs a week cleaning the car - a good detail can last for quite a long time :)

Deleted member 7729

psq43 said:
Not when the thing is yellow and you live in wiltshire!

Yellow one min, brown the next!

Yup agree with you there. But I spent an afternoon the other weekend cleaning mine properly and it look great. We had guests at the house that night and a number of them ask if it was a new car (I wish)

Bring on the spring and summer when it'll stay clean for longer :)

Question is what stuff to get for the polish stage, I'm looking at the Meg's 3 stage cleaning thing

minxycov

Don't knock tescos :( although like i said before steer clear of car washes - i cracked my windscreen the other week by takin it to a car wash......not just a little one either ....stretched the length of my windscreen :cry:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.