Clicking noise on car after a run ..

jacko5

Jan 10, 2017
UK
Heading should say,
Clicking noise on car after a run doh...

Did a 200 round trip to football the other day.
When i parked up at home i noticed a clicking noise from the engine bay, any idea
what that can be ?
It does it on short runs but not all the time.
If i turn start the car and then turn it off sometimes the clicking stops.
Seat Leon 1.8 TSi.

Last edited:

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
Is it not just the engine/ exhaust clicking or ticking itself cool after a long run when it would have been very hot?

My car does this often when it’s been very hot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
My engine makes a load of noise after a run. When I first picked it up and it was 35 miles home. I parked it up went inside and went running back outside. It was like a metal plinking sound. But everything creaked, pinged, squeaked from the metal cooling down and contracting.

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
Just the engine cooling and contracting etc. You should have heard the noise my last crane made after a run on a hot day - a 15 litre, 500 BHP engine makes all sorts of noises!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jacko5

Jan 10, 2017
UK
Thanks for all your replies.
It does sound like a loud clicking noise, and it stops if i restart the car and then turn it off, weird.
Ok i will keep an eye on it.

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
Thanks for the post.
I knew before you even started. Ha Ha
Mine [and previous cars] goes bonkers sometimes.
Combination of fan relays, Turbo auxiliary cooling pump and relays. runs after engine off.
Fuel tank pressure bleed, charcoal filter suction and clean, and goodness knows whatever else that the garage did not know about.
WORST was the turbo cooling pump running/cutting in MINUTES AFTER the car is shut down. I almost took the car apart for that one. Cut in whilst about to change the oil when hot [TOO hot supposedly]
Sometimes a DPF/GPF goes/checks itself for a regeneration.
My mates DPF used to regenerate mostly AFTER he stopped and parked up. Dangerous. [Oh they all do that Sir!!]

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise