climate control LO cold?

GregCR

Just wondering whether my AC (climate control) is working properly. When I press AUTO and turn it down to LO (this evening - outside temp 10C) the air coming out of the vents was cool but not air con COLD. Is this right? I would have expected it to blow as cold as possible ie really cold. Had loads of AC problems with last car, hope my Leon isn't the same....

Can anyone do a test for me and see what temp their air is please?

Ta

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
There's not a huge amount the A/C can do if it's already pretty cold outside

LO should be the very coldest it can blow out, but I wouldn't say there's anything wrong with yours just cos it's only blowing cool air

See what the weather's doing tomorrow and give it another go

Oct 17, 2006
northwest
I gave mine a good BLOW last month after it not being used much over winter and still have no idea if it was working properly hehe :shrug:

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
You may need an aircon gas recharge especially if it hasn't been done since new. Thats not a fault with the system, its just maintenance of it. Should be done every couple of years to keep aircon working efficiently.

LeedsLeon

May 18, 2006
Leeds
I'd just say what seems cold when its summer, might not seem quite so cold in winter when its already cold outside

GregCR

I've asked a friend with an A3 to try his climate on LO to see how cold it is. Should be a similar system. Car is still in warranty period after buying it 2nd hand last Oct. 5 or 6 weeks of warranty left so now's the time to get it fixed IF there's a leak. Hoping it's either me being paranoid or just needs a gas refill. Mine is an 03 37k mile LCR. Anyone else required a refill of a similar age car? Cheers

GregCR

AndyCupra - yes definitely got the AC on. I can hear the compressor clunk when I switch it on too.
bentaw - regas probably £50 - £80 +VAT. I had my AC regassed in pug 306 (for £60 a couple yrs back) but turned out to be leaks here and there in the system, so probably worth getting it checked for leaks before shelling out on a regas.
Which I think is exactly what I'm going to do!!

Dennis

Polisher
May 11, 2005
Our Lasses LCR is the same and the air con is always on, might still need a regas?

Again warrenty about to expire so might be worth while getting it checked?