Climate Control problem

nej

Hi all,

This morning I noticed that the "aircon" part of the climate control in my Toledo (2004 1.8SE) wasn't on. The rest of the display was on Ok and I can set the temperature up and down etc, but the aircon bit just wasn't on (I always have it on as it keeps the windscreen de-misted a lot better than just the fan).
If I pressed the aircon button then it would come on on the display and then go off again straight away as soon as I released the button.

Does that make sense?

Anyone else come across this?

nej

Ah, that must be it. The temp was 0.5 degrees C (bloody freezing!) this morning...

My passat never used to do that, it would always be on and that's much more useful ...

mart366

Mar 27, 2005
it was -1 for me :)

and if i recall i dont remember the aircon kicking in either..

although i may be wrong

i,ll check it out tomorrow as its getting very cold here now!!

Mart

mart366

Mar 27, 2005
Chemical Al said:
what was the ambient temp this am? if it was below 4 deg C Aircon pump will not come on to avoid freezing. HTH

seems a bit of a paradox, the unit which chills air to a super cold temperature will not come on to prevent freezing..

so what does it do when its hot boil?

sorry couldnt resist

Mart

nej

Well last night it was something like 2.5 or 3 when I left work and it came on, and this morning it was -1 and wasn't on, so must be a temperature thing, but perhaps not less than 4, maybe less than 2.

The only reason I want it on is cos it stops the windscreen from fogging up so easily, which of course happens more easily in cold weather.... sigh.

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
It is a temperature thing BUT you should get warm air out of the screen de-mister - this is the only part that will blow out warm air until the engine has warmed up. The air con still won't activate until the outside temperature has risen though.

It's unusual for me because I travel from home in east London to a slighly more suburban area to work. This often means I start off with air con working but as I get out of the city micro-climate and the outside temperature drops it stops working. By that time the engine is normally nice and warm so at least there's some warm air coming out of the standard blowers.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise