Climate control weirdness

Danno1975

Oct 1, 2013
Hello, got a strange one here.

First time I've used my 2006 leon in warm weather so not had this happen before, but when the car is hot, if I set the temp below the ambient temp of the interior on auto, the fans blow hard, but no air comes put of any vents at all.

If I turn the climate all the way off and back on it starts blowing for a short time, and then stops coming out (fans still going like mad) if I hit Econ then the air instantly starts coming out of the vent, and it's ice cold for a bit, but obviously the ac is off so it soon turns Luke warm and if I set one side warmer than ambient then it will let air out.

Strange but also annoying lol as I only use if for work so am in a suit which I don't want to be all sticky in on the motorway lol.

Any ideas?

will105

Sep 20, 2007
Northern Ireland
Hello, got a strange one here.

First time I've used my 2006 leon in warm weather so not had this happen before, but when the car is hot, if I set the temp below the ambient temp of the interior on auto, the fans blow hard, but no air comes put of any vents at all.

If I turn the climate all the way off and back on it starts blowing for a short time, and then stops coming out (fans still going like mad) if I hit Econ then the air instantly starts coming out of the vent, and it's ice cold for a bit, but obviously the ac is off so it soon turns Luke warm and if I set one side warmer than ambient then it will let air out.

Strange but also annoying lol as I only use if for work so am in a suit which I don't want to be all sticky in on the motorway lol.

Any ideas?[/

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.