Climatronic Display/Controls FUBAR?

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Next in my list of things to sort on the LCR is the Climatronic display and controls. Parts of the temp display don't show up (sometimes are faded, sometimes are missing completely). This includes the "Auto" message.

Also, the temp control buttons feel stiff, as if someone left a can of Cola in the cup holder and it spilled down the panel. I suspect contact cleaner will probably clean this up but I'm wondering whether I need to replace the whole unit or not to get it working as it should be.

Anyone done anything similar with one?

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Ouch! Is that the whole unit; display and buttons? If so then maybe it can wait for a while. It still works, it's just a bugbear.

Worth checking scrappers?

curryholic

Mar 5, 2009
In zomerzet
I had this, picked up the cleaner from Maplins and got a lot of crud out but still didn't work properly. So in the end I went onto 1st spares on t'internet and picked up a new one for £40 +P&P!

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Thanks all. eBay has one for £125 but since mine does work adequately for now I'll hang on and keep an eye out for any that come up a bit cheaper. At least the question I needed answering has been, and yes I do need to replace it. So thanks for the confirmation all