Cluster problem and how to fix

iainr90

Aug 6, 2014
Cambridge
TRW 6 dial cluster problem
My Ibiza instrument cluster was sadly beyond repair, took it to a place in Waltham Abbey and was quoted £139+vat+postage to have cluster repaired but in the end wasn’t possible. It had thrown up faults including the Immobilizer blocking, but after much research and video viewing, I sourced a 2nd hand unit from an ebay company called Synetic for £24.
Purchased VAG COMMANDER 3.6 software and cable from nbdatas (ebay) £19.98 and I’ve already got VCDS.
As I couldn’t establish communications with my old instrument cluster, I used VAG COMMANDER to get the SKC (secret key code) from my ECU.
Then installed the donor cluster into the car and again with VAG COMMANDER, got the SKC from that.(then had a tea break)
Fired up VCDS and followed the Ross Tech video on cluster swapping and coding and had another tea break.
Once all was installed, another Ross Tech video guided me through the key coding process! Now the moment of truth, bingo!! Started up first time!!
The donor cluster still had the donor cars mileage, but, with VAG COMMANDER, I managed to input my original mileage and job done!
If anyone in the Cambridge area has a similar problem, I’m more than happy to help,

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise