clutch hits the floor!

Jul 4, 2007
bristol
driving to work in the middle of the new forest. and bang the clutch hits the floor.
im sure this has happened to pretty much every seat cupra owner. so drove the car with no clutch to the my work took the peddle off and going to weld it tonight. it really is a love hate relationship with this car.:cry:

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
waiting for this to happen to me tbh

everything else has gone wrong in my 7 month ownership

is there any easy way to see if its already been welded or not??

Jul 4, 2007
bristol
its easy to see if it has been welded. its the little box on the side that holds the rod in that snaps.

also does anyone know if thier is a lighter clutch spring on the market? the one that is on thier is huge. hence the heavy clutch. also daves ibiza do you have a spare clutch spring as i broke the plastic insert on mine.

Smithy

Old School
Jan 17, 2002
Hertfordshire
I've just been towed off the M25 to a garage with the same prob, snapped while in 1st gear in the 3rd lane ...managed to get it to the hard shoulder, but interesting!

Luckily I've got this AA membership package where I pay about a fiver more every month and just pay an excess of £25 to get it repaired wherever it's towed to. Covers you up to £500 of repairs, so coil packs and mafs etc I no longer have to worry too much about!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.