clutch issue

tarzan

cupra owner from norway
Mar 15, 2008
drammen norway
have some rattling from my car but when i push clutch pedal down the rattling is gone:confused:and t it makes som noise from the pedal to squiking noise have standard clutch and flywheel.box works fine easy to get in gears is this the clutch bearing on it`s way out?or flywheel clutch?

tarzan

cupra owner from norway
Mar 15, 2008
drammen norway
tested a little bit today before i started it today to go to work it made no sound at all when i hade started it up pushed the pedal it made a klonk noise did not hear the flywheel.when i came to work i tested it again and it made a squking noise from engine room when i pressed and realesed the clutch someone have a idea what it can be gearing works fine and the clutch works nice and don`t slip

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
I also have a tiny buzzing sound when car is on idle in N-gear. I recently uppgraded mine to G60 fly and spec 3+ clutch so Im guessing it´s supposed to be like this. It also dissapear when pushing clutch to the bottom and releases the clutch, when I let go of the clutch again the sounds sometimes dissepears and sometimes not, this is a tiny noice thou!

Prebs

micka

Mar 30, 2010
nothing to worry about its the clutch release bearing that is making that rattling sound

tarzan

cupra owner from norway
Mar 15, 2008
drammen norway
so it`s normal that the clutch is squiking when you puch the clutch pedal after a 15min drive and you have no sounds before when you started the drive?

LMJ

Previously CEY_CLS :-)
May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
It's not normal, but it's not the end of the world either. It's your release bearing doing that noise, once you depress the clutch it goes. Yep, pretty common.

tarzan

cupra owner from norway
Mar 15, 2008
drammen norway
It's not normal, but it's not the end of the world either. It's your release bearing doing that noise, once you depress the clutch it goes. Yep, pretty common.

that sound is gone now just have a squiking noise from the clutch pedal after 10min drive.no sound when it is cold

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
I noticed mine dissapers when I push the VW panel on the gearbox. The left front wheel has to be turned to acess the panel so it all sounds like CEY CLS says. Mine was quite loude thou.

Prebs

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.