clutch pedal repair

brad_cupra05

181 bhp 233lbft poor lol
Mar 24, 2005
basingstoke, Hampshre
hi, been reparing my broken clutch pedal pretty much done but i cant seem to be able to get the little plastic collar in enough to be able to get the clip on any tips or how to's would be much appreciated cheers

Cupra R 231

May 14, 2005
Lincolnshire
Sorry to butt in but has anyone got the part number for the square plastic clip thats about and inch or so long???
Does this plastic clip break on its own or is the main reason for my lack of clutch pedal a broken weld??

Havok316

Boost Junky
Jun 6, 2006
Weston-super-Mare
I just bought one lol

i think its 6K0867331 or 4A0867276A i think its the right invoice all it says is clip lol doesnt really help. My plastic clip thing didnt break but was worn so the ball bit of the clutch cable wouldnt stay in. Best to replace it. I also changed my clutch pedal switch too

Kevgrady

May 4, 2006
North East
hi, been reparing my broken clutch pedal pretty much done but i cant seem to be able to get the little plastic collar in enough to be able to get the clip on any tips or how to's would be much appreciated cheers

Whoever done the welding on the pedal for you might have gone too mad lol, just have a look inside where the clip goes and if there's weld inside just use a drill to grind it out ;)

Speaking from experience :redface: