Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Clutch Pedal Snapped. GUIDE

Discussion in 'Mk3 Ibiza Guides (6K2) 2000-2002' started by cupra_matt, Nov 21, 2006.

1. This happened to me last week, as soon as it broke i knew exactly what it was. I followed the instructions on this thread, it was easy getting it off and only cost me £2 to get it welded up at a local garage. But was a pain in the a*se to refit.

I would recommend anyone who hasn't had this problem to get it welded up as you never know when it'll go. Luckily for me i wasn't driving fast and i was near my house when it broke.

2. thewiizard

thewiizard Tarmac Tantaliser

Spoke to SEAT today who basically said its not a fault with the weld at all its apparently to do with either the clutch bearing wearing out or the clutch cable seizing.

Yeah....OK SEAT, how long did it take you to think of that? heheh

3. sixsr

sixsr Full Member

Mine has just snapped. Its looking like it'll be into the New Year before I can get someone to fix it. Called Seat, they said it'd need a whole new pedal box and it'd cost £580 + VAT.

4. 1981whips

1981whips Active Member

dont listen to them i was stupid anoth to put it in my local garage and it cost me £80 but there is a good guide on here some where looks a piece of piss

5. sixsr

sixsr Full Member

I've got it booked into a local garage, they're able to do it next week but the guy used to be the foreman at the local VW dealer so knows what he's doing........hopefully. Its going to be a charge for 4 hours labour. If I had more time I'd of stripped it down myself.

6. 1981whips

1981whips Active Member

shouldnt take anywhere near 4 hours as it cost me £80 at a garage wich doesnt do seats and that included a new pedal and labour and i thought they had stitch me up at £80 nether mind £580 or 4 hours work

7. Alex Cupra

Alex Cupra Guest

Mine has just gone aswell has anyone got the part numbers for a new pedal and clip.

8. Just get the pedal rewelded you shouldn't need to buy a complete new pedal unless it's completely shagged.

9. Black20VT

Black20VT I need beer....

Mine went 80 miles from home last night [:@]

Any tips of how to get the clip off to get the pedal out? We've had 2 people trying, but still can't get the bu66er off! :wtf:

Also, is there a link to the ELSA images or anything?

10. Black20VT

Black20VT I need beer....

Don't panic, sussed it. The end of the clip needs 'tweaking'.

Getting it welded tomorrow and back on the wagon tomorrow all being well!

Great thread, saved me a few quid! :clap:

11. wagcupra1

wagcupra1 Active Member

anyone had a problem when its refited with it hitting the plastic steering colum protector?
    should there be a pedal stop of some sort? any help much appreciated

12. fcuknafe

mines goin into a local garage tmz where a mate works and theyr doin it for £45-£50 sooo its jst the labour really cant wait to get it fixed lol

13. Robbie C

Can someone please re-post any pics they have of the pedal as the original links have gone down. I need to show a mate so he can take mine out and do it next weekend

TIA, Rob

14. Robbie C

Took mine off and got a mate to weld it for me today before it actually broke to save the hassle of being stuck with no clutch somewhere. Bit of a bitch to get the spring back in but we found it easiest to keep it compressed using cable ties and then cut them once back in as suggested by other people in this thread.

To be fair the welding on my pedal didn't look all too bad so I don't think mine was a high risk but at least now I have total peace of mind. Pics below:

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Getting the spring back in:

[​IMG]

15. cupra_matt

cupra_matt Audi Technician

I have put the pics back.

16. Big_A_Cupra20vt

Big_A_Cupra20vt Active Member

hey robbie c is that a stack of **** in the corner of pic 1? :)
    i remember that spring what a pain in the arse it was to get it back in wish i had cable tied it would have been soooo much easier.

17. Big_A_Cupra20vt

Big_A_Cupra20vt Active Member

18. Robbie C

lol, I think it's car mags mate but not too sure as this was done round a mate's house, not mine. Wouldn't surprise me tbh

19. DPJ

DPJ ...........

Not a chat thread - respect the sticky, please.

20. r1ch83

r1ch83 Guest

Is this is problem with just cupras or is it on all ibizas? I have a 1.4s and was wondering if I needed to get it sorted??