Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Clutch Pedal Snapped. GUIDE

Discussion in 'Mk3 Ibiza Guides (6K2) 2000-2002' started by cupra_matt, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Poundie

Poundie Active Member

Ive just put my pedal back on after welding it up but...

Has anyone had problems getting the spring back on? Mine is being a ******* to stretch and get back on!

2. JordanMk3

JordanMk3 WackyColouredWheelsFTW

I'm suscribing to this thread.. Just incase I lose it, and need it later on today :)
    Seems quite simple.. Thanks

3. cupra_ad

cupra_ad Active Member

My pedal snapped the other day so my garage has welded it back up but the mechanic snapped the White clip when putting it back on.
    Now they're saying they can't buy just the clip and it's going to cost 28 quid for the whole pedal!! Now the pedal is fine and welded up ready to go back on the car.

Can anyone confirm I can buy just the clip for a matter of 80p from seat?? If so anyone have the part number? Or a name for the part other than "White clutch pedal clip"?

Thanks in advance guys!!

4. Cupra_Wob

Cupra_Wob Guest

Mine just went, was waiting for it tbh oh well mobile mechanic/welder coming out tommorow

5. BenS1

BenS1 Full Member

Mine just gone. Luckily only 200m from home, so managed to start the car in 1st and get home.

6. BenS1

BenS1 Full Member

Thanks for the guide, but I'm struggling a bit.

I've managed to get the first clip off but I can't see the other clip you mention. Also you say "Now remove the clutch pedal switch by screwing it out.".... wheres that? I can't see a clutch pedal switch!

Anyway, the clutch pedal is now loose and I can move it to the left but then it hits some box thing... dunno what it is, but I can't see how you get the pedal off with this box in the way?

All help appreciated!

Thanks
    Ben

7. DannyB2K

DannyB2K Guest

Great guide "Cupra Matt", followed this to the letter and worked fine (with a lot of swearing/cursing and sore thumb/finger tips) apart from 1 aspect. That poxy spring! Me and my dad have tried getting this in including depressing the spring like some of you have said on here with cable ties etc but to no avail. Even tried hooking the spring to a welding rod (My dads a welder so this helped a lot lol) so it can be pushed and manuoved into place but I still cant see how it gonna go. I swear you've got to be a small child or a good contortionist to do this easily. Any ideas guys? Or is some wise alek gonna tell me that i should have put the spring in position before i fitted the pedal to the white clip and axle ect?

Btw to any1 reading this is the future it isn't a quick 15/20min job. I'm no mechanic or fitter, but i do tinker around with motors and this took only took me best part of 40mins or so to get the pedal off ( 25mins or so getting the saftey clip off the brake pedal end) nd now ive been on this for about 3hrs (only 30mins or so actually refitting the clutch pedal) the rest spent on getting the spring in, which I still aven’t done.

Dan

8. elcristoff

elcristoff Cupra Sport ****yeah!

Mine went Yesterday, had it rewelded and went to fit it. It took me the best part of 5 hours to fit that retarded spring. Didn't think to compress it with ties, and it's clicking a bit meaning that its not fitted right.

Also having the EPC light problem, so i'll vagcom it tomorrow or something.

Don't you just hate Seat, sometimes?

9. DannyB2K

DannyB2K Guest

I know what i git ey? Btw the EPC light is where the clutch sensor has been moved or not reconnected. Just check that plunger that is sittin on top of the clutch pedal.

10. elcristoff

elcristoff Cupra Sport ****yeah!

Ah, brilliant mate, thanks, ill have a look at that later :)

11. ickleredders

ickleredders Guest

my clutch pedal on a morning sinks lower than my brake pedal which if i leave it like this is impossible to get it in gear! if i just pull the pedal up in line with the brake pedal its much better and stays there until the next morning, does this mean mine could snap anytime soon??? ive just had the clutch replaced as some donkey put the wrong clutch in my car before i bought it! thanks

12. JordanMk3

JordanMk3 WackyColouredWheelsFTW

Mines just gone.. A good 9 months after I thought I needed it (As stated a tad higher up the page).. Going in to the mechanics tomorrow. He thinks its a cable problem, but I will print this guide off and show it to him.. Wish me luck!!

13. Pownabown

Pownabown Guest

Mine snapped just before christmas
    welded it back up but now it clicks when you push it all the way down
    and again when it comes to the top :(

Can anyone advise me how to fix this? or do i really need a new pedal?

14. jtizzle24

jtizzle24 Guest

mine went yesterday :( but think my clip has broke aswell can you buy the clip from seat?!

15. Big_A_Cupra20vt

Big_A_Cupra20vt Active Member

the white plastic clip? i thin they kinda explode when it goes, i got mine from vw garage cost less than a quid i think.

16. jtizzle24

jtizzle24 Guest

fixed mine today absoulte bitch to do,, just remember to put the clip on the road before putting it into the pedal,, or you wil have to take pedal back off like i did :/ did it all in about 4hours very stressful though

17. pdjs01

pdjs01 Guest

is it possible to use a mk4 golf pedal on a mk1 leon????????????
    not got a welder but i know someone breaking a mk4 golf.

if i just take to whole pedal assembly out and do a straight swap will this mean i wont have to mess about with this pesky spring i see so many people have been having problems with?

18. pdjs01

pdjs01 Guest

guys need some help, i changed the pedal out and found the spring a piece a cake to refit with a few cable ties, having big issues with the whit clip tho.
    i broke the old one when it all snapped, i took the new one out the new pedal as i couldnt get the master cylinder arm back into it while the clip was in the pedal still. so i tried putting it on the cylinder arm first to then pop into pedal once fitted but i cant compress the cylinder enough by hand to pop the clip into the pedal where it needs to be.
    how the hell do i get the clip onto the cylinder arm then back into the pedal???????????

frustrated as i got it all sorted apart from this last little bit, and i cant drive the car until i figure this out

19. smiffymk3

smiffymk3 Active Member

happened to me today, luckily just as i was pulling up outside my house! unfortunately meant i had to take the day off work but hey, worse things happen at sea

many thanks to cupra matt, made doing this 10x easier & quicker. if anyone has any questions about doing this repair feel free to ask

20. smiffymk3

smiffymk3 Active Member

The second clip is on the right hand side of the brake pedal as you look directly at it. Easiest way to see it is to lay on you back in the drivers footwell and look directly up the left hand side of the brake pedal (would be to your left as you are laid on your back) and you should see it;looks exactly like the one in the Elsa picture provided by cupra_matt

The clutch pedal switch is a rectangular shaped box with a connector at one end and a long-ish rod at the other that physically touches a flat plate on the clutch pedal. Bear in mind when you disconnect it, you may log a fault causing the EPC light to come on. Simply clear the fault memories using VAG-com or equivalent fault code reader

Hope this helps