clutch problem 140 Special edition

chrispy

The clutch on my 07 S.Ed has just started playing up, just had the 40K service ouch:censored:. Went from reverse to 1st and felt /heard knocking & vibration through clutch pedal, this only stopped when i changed gear. Today happened again, but now more repeatable, feels like it might be release bearing, any history of problems with the manual gearbox?
Had car from new and only driver, any suggestions before I contact dealer.

Chris

agynjo

Chris - did you ever get this fixed ? Was it the flywheel or clutch ?

I also have an 07 Special Edition, and I've never been happy with the clutch / box from day 1. The gearchange was very inconsistent (e.g. sometimes the lever "fell" into 3rd gear, other times it required a push), but now it's done 30k the gearchange is far better. The problem I now have is that most mornings it judders from cold. The dealer (typically) failed to re-create it, and said it's fine, so I'm hoping it'll fall apart before the warranty expires next Feb !

I had a 2006 Altea 2.0 TDI Sport before this one, and the clutch / gearchange on that was lovely. Mind you, it rattled like hell too - my current Altea has been faultless (apart from the clutch) from new....

chrispy

Sorry long time replying, was waiting for next service to get it looked at. Dealer reconed it was either clutch or flywheel, wanted car in for couple of days to investigate, solved problem another way P.exed it for an Exeo :happy: , so looks like goodby Altea forum :(
Just wish i had not replaced front tyres the week before :doh:

Chris

chrispy

Just to finalise this thread; Although I p.exed the Altea for an Exeo:) it was due to be booked in for either a clutch replacement (mechanics opinion) or flywheel replacement (service receptionists opinion). So i never knew outcome, had to have new boot latch on Exeo, so whilst there asked what problem was, service record shows new flywheel fitted. So can only assume problem now solved.

Chris

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise