Clutch Problem

evokid

Aug 28, 2009
Whilst pressing down clutch today in traffic, it seemed to crunch and move down about an inch!!

The pedal now seems lower than brake pedal and biting point has now lowered from about an inch from the floor!!!!

It still works at moment, but obviously not right!!!

Is this the dreaded broken weld?
Or Leaky Clutch cylinder?

Not had chance to look greatly at moment due to great british weather!!! And no garage!!!

The car is trying to tell me something!!!! ABS, Immobiliser now This!!!!:ban:

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Whilst pressing down clutch today in traffic, it seemed to crunch and move down about an inch!!

The pedal now seems lower than brake pedal and biting point has now lowered from about an inch from the floor!!!!

It still works at moment, but obviously not right!!!

Is this the dreaded broken weld?
Or Leaky Clutch cylinder?

Not had chance to look greatly at moment due to great british weather!!! And no garage!!!

The car is trying to tell me something!!!! ABS, Immobiliser now This!!!!:ban:

Sounds like a leak somwhere or as you say seals in MC have gone. IS the brake fluid reservior topped up?

evokid

Aug 28, 2009
Mmmm just read another thread, could the metal plate that shears have only partially failed? or is this unlikely?

I hope not master cylinder! This is common? Where is the clutch slave cylinder?

Cheers shaunyboy

Dec 6, 2008
Shropshire
Mmmm just read another thread, could the metal plate that shears have only partially failed? or is this unlikely?

I hope not master cylinder! This is common? Where is the clutch slave cylinder?

Cheers shaunyboy

aside from checking your fluid level and looking for yellow puddles under the car, i'd be checking the metal plate

evokid

Aug 28, 2009
Ok had a look today.....

My pedal was fine (had been rewelded previously) :D

The Master Cylinder pushrod was bent and leaky (New one ordered)

Whatever idiot put it back previously had not fitted the overcentre spring!!! So was just using master cylinder as tension!!!! (new one ordered)

Also anyone know what the blue switch fitted to clutch pedal housing is? Mine has broken push rod, so need new one.....Is part no on it a good one? FKO PBTP GF30

Many thanks all for previous speedy replies and posts, much appreciated:p

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Clutch pedal switch :) Tells the ECU you've pushed the clutch pedal, and will disengage cruise control. On diesels it also backs off the power to assist gearchanging. Don't know about petrol cars.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.