Clutch woes

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
All was fine yesterday until I was manoeuvring and yes the engine stalled so restarted it only to find the clutch pedal was stuck down and i couldn't select any gear. Lent down and pulled the clutch pedal up by hand and it then worked just fine no slipping and could select any gear.

Went to take my dad to get his car and while doing a 3 point turn and no stall the pedal stuck down again and once pulled up by hand all gears worked fine and with no juddering or slipping even if the throttle was booted full beans.

I used to get a slight clatter of the dual mass flywheel springs but don't seem to get that now.

Could i be right thinking that it may be the slave cylinder on its way out?

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
Going to need to find a decent South East Wales garage as the one who replaced the clutch last is booked up for the next two weeks :no:

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
Going to need to find a decent South East Wales garage as the one who replaced the clutch last is booked up for the next two weeks :no:
just a query ….did garage replace slave cylinder at gearbox when clutch done...as this may be at fault and not master cylinder ….as doesn,t come with clutch kit...my mechanic always advises replacement,as had to repair a couple who said didn,t want to replace even when only cost extra 50 quid...check on your receipt on parts replaced....if not there ask if done...might be able to get done on garage as should be replaced....can only be cheeky and try for nothing...lol

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
Clutch was working ok again for a bit but now driving to work the pedal stuck half down every gear change and bit point just above the carpet. I did find that at times if i let the car start and idle a few little throttle blips the clutch pedal would be less sticky. I will have to dig out the paperwork as the clutch was last replaced in 2015 and the release bearing was changed twice as the first new one failed very quick. Not sure if the slave cylinder was replaced but know i wasn't asked at the time.

I had noticed with window down when changing gear there was a little squeak when letting the clutch pedal up but the car had been driving fine.

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
Just to give an conclusion it turned out the pipe that leads from the slave cylinder where the pipe meets the drain valve it was leaking on the pipe side of the valve so I lost the fluid. Pipe changed and topped up with bleeding and clutch works just fine again.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.