CODING: ambient light with DRL

bep

Dec 27, 2015
hello folks
I have Leon produced in 2016 and I have had DRLs only on headhlights. Rear lights and ambient light were not functional with DRL
I have changed it in a way that also my rear lights are now functional during DRLs but it works also with ambient light, what I don´t like.
Is there a good way of coding how to change it in a way that only front and rear light will be functional as DRL and only with normal lights, ambinet light will be functional?
what has to be changed in coding?

thank you for guide

Deleted member 103408

@bep what coding tool are you using to make the changes, VCDS or OBD11 or something else.

davidstarkey11

Jun 7, 2015
Newcastle upon Tyne
I have used Carista to enable "Scandinavian DRL's". The has enabled front DRLs, rear DRLs, footwell LEDs, Ambient door LED strips and the interior button lights to be on all the time. Light switch set to off.

bep

Dec 27, 2015
sorry for a bit stupid question, but which you mean are lower and which are upper? thanx

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
sorry for a bit stupid question, but which you mean are lower and which are upper? thanx

Not a stupid question; just poorly explained I guess!

Instructions are below; you’ll need to code each of the 4 rear tail light units in turn, via adaptations to ‘daytime running light’. These instructions may be slightly out of date in terms of the channel numbers at the start; however, make sure you chose the right text as it appears below i.e. ‘Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lichfunktion D23 auswahlen’ and all will be good. Either use the soft reset function in VCDS or after coding is complete, go to the CAR settings and perform factory reset on the lights for the coding to be accepted.
  1. STG 09 (Bordnetz) auswählen
  2. STG Zugriffsberechtigung -> Funktion 16
  3. Zugriffscode 31347 eingeben
  4. STG Anpassung -> Funktion 10
  5. Kanal (9) - Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lichtfunktion D23 auswählen
  6. Wert auf Tagfahrlicht setzen

7. Kanal (9) - Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lichtfunktion D24 auswählen
  8. Wert auf Tagfahrlicht setzen

9. Kanal (9) - Leuchte26NSL LA72-Lichtfunktion D26 auswählen
  10. Wert auf Tagfahrlicht setzen

11. Kanal (9) - Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion D27 auswählen
  12. Wert auf Tagfahrlicht setzen