Coding newer style led rear lamps

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
As the title really does anyone know how you code these in and can it be done with vagcom?
I really like the look of them and I know they are expensive but if I couldn't code them myself it would be a no no as I wouldn't go to my $hite dealer.
Besides they wouldn't have a clue. Lets face it they can't do warranty repairs so it would be too much to ask to be able to do a modification.

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
Simple answer is no. I have tried to do it twice now on 2 different cars.

My car is a 2011 and had no options what so ever regarding LED lights, however my friends 2012 had an option in one of the bytes on vagcom ( LED Rear Lights Installed), but even when we enabled it the warning lights still remained so it didn't do anything.

I had mine coded at the dealers because it is a software update on the module which obviously can't be done using vagcom, they charged me an hours labour (£86 )....BUT my friend went to the SAME dealer and they only charged him for half an hours labour ( £43 ) WTF!! haha. So it seems they just make up the labour charge and probably takes them 5 minutes to do...

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
I do wonder if they do an update or just a combination of settings to change.
Have you compared your coding screen to a car without LEDs?
Also the software version or module part number.
I like them but as above only if I can code them.

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
I did a scan before and after and no settings had been altered or added, just the software version had changed. Both mine and my friends are now the same version and it makes no difference of we tick or untick the option of LED lights even after the updated software. So it is probably something to do with them being able to flash the brake lights in an emergency stop compared to the indicator flash on the old units

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Yeah Al think its the norm for Seat dealers isn't it?
I wasn't going to mod mine until my warranty expired but Ithey won't do naff all for me standard so what the hell.

X cupra

Nov 4, 2012
Oxford
Its a shame coz id like these lamps too...think il just bite my lip and get my local stealers to code it in for me

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
I'm gonna wait till A new Leon's gets broken I can't justify the 490 cost of the lights

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
400 odd I'm sure SEAT upped the price of them as soon as they released the upgrade information

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Not just saying it but I prefer the lights I have anyway. I have seen a few 2011-2012 Leon's locally and I don't like the "V" shape. Certainly not a £500 upgrade in my opinion.

X cupra

Nov 4, 2012
Oxford
I might go and ask this week and see how much they are and what it would entail,coz defo want to get these

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
I always preferred the style I have until I followed a new style tonight and then it got me thinking.
They do look very modern but not £500 worth.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members