Coil pack

Feb 24, 2020
I’m half way into doing a coil pack change from standard to the Audi R8 coil pack.
I’m waiting on the spacer adaptor from Greece to arrive so I can get started.
Has anyone on here ever done it just curious to other thoughts thanks.

vtxracer

Jul 25, 2009
Greece
Depending on the mileage you might want to replace coils, but still i would recommend a direct replacement and not the r8 coils. You really dont need them for that kind of power. Get either a set of ngk u5002 or beru zse 030, they are considered the best performing.
Fun fact: Ngk u5002 coils are considered an upgrade for rb25 and rb26 engines ! These things make more than 600-700hp using these coils ! Do we really need better coils on our 1.4 engines ? :cheers:
Dont forget to replace your spark plugs regularly ! They are far more important ! Ngk sizfr6b8eg is the reccomended, but you can choose the ngk bkr7eix which run colder

Feb 24, 2020
Cheers for the info mate might leave them for now as the lockdown has stopped me getting my car in for stage 2 upgrade and I’ve already bought the rtmg adaptor from Greece to fir the R8 coils

vtxracer

Jul 25, 2009
Greece
The dsg map is also from apr ? I wanted to remap my dsg but I was warned that the extra hydraulic pressure will quickly wear out the stock clutch. Did you have any issues ?

Feb 24, 2020
Yes mate both from apr It got done in December it’s not cheap for both maps was just over £800 but a big difference in power up until now no problems what so ever but i think it depends on how you drive I only launched controlled it once and don’t thrash it a lot only thing what was a problem was I had a straight pipe and with the remap and dsg map it was crazy loud and the dsg gear change or the dsg farts was really loud even when driving slow so had a resanator fitted and now I’ve still got not so loud dsg farts with a nice exhaust noise

vtxracer

Jul 25, 2009
Greece
Thanks for the info !
My car is already remapped but I am afraid the dsg does not like the extra torque ! I was thinking about remapping the dsg if that allows the stock clutch to survive longer, or wait until its completely worn and get an upgraded clutch pack

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.