coil packs ?????

Tom3593

Mar 19, 2016
hi guys

going to plug my car into vag com today to see what i get but if one or more of my coil packs was on its way out what sort of problems would i see apart from obvious misfire

thanks in advance

irf

Feb 5, 2014
When one of mine went there were no fault codes, just ran on three cylinders. The next day when the second one went it hardly ran, still no fault codes and there was an eggy smell.

Tom3593

Mar 19, 2016
When one of mine went there were no fault codes, just ran on three cylinders. The next day when the second one went it hardly ran, still no fault codes and there was an eggy smell.

before they went was your car really jerky when pulling away?

irf

Feb 5, 2014
Nope, was normal till one went then it turned into a constant misfire.

Is this happening at all times or when cold?

Upia

Nov 30, 2015
Derbyshire
I replaced coils and sparks on mine to resolve a misfire, upon changing them I noticed that the electrical plug that goes to one of the coils had a snapped clip so the connection was intermittent.
I had fault codes for misfire, sorted the clip and it's been fine since.
Those are worth a check too, just make sure they're on tight and defo clipped in.

Sent from my Elephone P8000 using Tapatalk

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
before they went was your car really jerky when pulling away?

As "irf" says, is this jerkyness happening only when the secondary air pump is runnning at cold start? If so then it's probably related to that, not the coilpacks.

If it's always jerky when pulling away (i.e when hot too) then i'd check for split pipes under the inlet manifold. Air leaks there are common and cause all sorts of jerkyness and rough idling issues etc etc.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise