Coil packs!!!!!!

MarkQuinton

Sep 22, 2004
Hi all

After moaning about my performace becoming slightly worse the car is now decided to stop idling properly and you have to rev the nuts of it to get it moving.

Am I right in thinking this is due to a faulty coil pack? Its going into a garage tomorrow and its looks like the 5 year warranty on that part runs out on 2nd november.

Mark

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
is there the epc light on the dash?

does it stink of eggs?

dont drive it much, knackered cat otherwise

coil packs should be replaced no matter of warranty as they are a recognisded defective part due to faulty manufacture

do a search for coil packs

:cheers:

MarkQuinton

Sep 22, 2004
Hi mate

No smoke or egg smell or light on the dash. Just a very rough idle (stalls alot of the time) and the car doesn't want to move much without flooring the throttle.

Should I get them to check the maf sensor and lamba sensors all at the same time to make sure the car is running perfectly?

Mark

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
defo, if its as bad as you say there is a problem somewhere

coil and lambda failure should raise the epc light on the dash

Charlie Br0wn

I have noticed a sulphur smell when using the turbo for prolonged spells, such as up a long hill or something? I have not noticed any problems with idle or pulling away. Could it be a knackered CAT though and nothing to do wth the coil pack? Car is only a year old with 10k on the clock!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.