Coilover Help

justinking

Oct 3, 2005
Hey, can anyone help me with a few questions.. i have a set of FK highsports but am not sure which parts are the adjustable bit etc.. heres a photo..

DSC00073.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

just wanting to know which bits are the height adjusting bits and what the nuts on the top for? sorry for being such a dunce, just new to all this...

justin

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
the height adjustment is done by using a c spanner on the plates at the bottom of the spring, moving these up will compress the spring thus lowering the car.

the nuts at the top fasten to the car along with your topmounts

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
from memory the ones at the bottom (the shorter ones) are helper springs that allow you to compress the suspension to lower the car

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
The lower you go down the thread the lower the car will go so if you turn the plates towards the spring you lift the car higher.

They're a good set of coilovers, I got these on mine... link to the pics

Last edited:

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
yea that's wot I thought because I raised mine a bit on the front and had to turn the plate towards the spring. When you lower the plate the spring drops down therefore lowering your car.

justinking

Oct 3, 2005
Yeah will do, i went down to the garage this morning and dropped it off, told them to lower it as low as it would go, as long as its still drivable, so no doubt they will have to tweak the height a fair bit...

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
I left mine the way they came out of the box and that was slammed, had to higher the front a bit because I had enough of the rubbing lol

justinking

Oct 3, 2005
hey, turns out my shocks didn.'t fit.. the mechanics said they were about 2 inches 2 short.. not very happy as i as looking forward to getting them on. i phoned the guy about the group buy and he assured me they are the right fitment, so i am going to have to get a second opinion..

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.