Coilovers, ARBs, Discs & Pads install + Vibration

westy2k1

Feb 8, 2015
So after 3 years ownership I decided to get some upgrades for handling improvement.

3 days of fun sweat wrapped knuckles, sore knees and a popped driveshaft it's it's done.

Parts used are Stance+ Coilovers kit, eibach arbs (26mm/23mm) EBC discs & green stuff pads + droplinks

Cut the old drop links off because they was so rusted and was giving me grief (bloody vw and their stupid centre bolt torx bits )

All pics are during fitting nothings finished or torqued up before people point out the driveshaft sat on the ARB lol

So because I wasn't careful the driveshaft popped out and I had a mare getting it back on enough to move the car and it vibrates bad or at least I hope that's what's causing the vibrations...I've checked everything and all clearances seem fine when it's on its wheels. Booked it in a garage for tomorrow morning to have it replaced or fixed properly.

Left to do, rear needs lowering as it's too high, alignment and driveshaft/vibration. I'll update with finished pics after I get her back from garage

Ps plate is private and was a joke on the Mrs..long story but I cba to change it back lmao

Also before deciding what to get people's opinions varied so much I ended up getting what I liked the look of and we'll see how it goes if I don't like the ride I'll change it haha

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gauuPKCJgeuLrmxX8

Edit - I planned on refurbing those dreadful calipers and changing the brake fluid but I ran out of time with the issues I had with drop links, ARB removal and driveshaft..it'll have to wait now

Last edited:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Looking great! Love those discs! Yeah, I've accidentally popped a driveshaft before and done the same, just about pushed it back in. When the mechanic had a look at it, he just made sure it was lined up and pushed a lot harder than I dared. LOL.

Oh yeah... I also had to cut the droplinks off with a junior hacksaw. Was really pleased same as you.

westy2k1

Feb 8, 2015
Looking great! Love those discs! Yeah, I've accidentally popped a driveshaft before and done the same, just about pushed it back in. When the mechanic had a look at it, he just made sure it was lined up and pushed a lot harder than I dared. LOL.

Oh yeah... I also had to cut the droplinks off with a junior hacksaw. Was really pleased same as you.
Cheers bud, wow junior hacksaw solid effort lmao I used a grinder I didn't get a pop when I put the shaft back in so not confident it's in properly, just bit worried about the vubravibra but hipefhope all sorted tomorrow

westy2k1

Feb 8, 2015
Well unfortunately due to bank holiday i was gonna ask the garage to lower the arse to match the front and do the alignment but they are rammed so it's just getting the driveshaft done :-( guess finished pics will have to wait a bit

westy2k1

Feb 8, 2015
Driveshaft done, vibration gone alignment tomorrow everywhere busy today...pretty sure I've fitted my passenger drop link wrong way around :banghead2..don't know if anyone can clarify...upper droplinks thread should bolt at the back of the strut and the lower should have the nut gearbox side of the ARB not wheel side? Drives fine but I can hear the link rod nudge the arch

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.