Coilovers....

Leather Luxe Design

Nov 5, 2019
Hi,

Has anyone fitted coiolovers to their mk3 leon? I have an fr st 184 2.0tdi.

My first choice is st but apparently got a 5 week back log which is surprising and annoying, next AP and last choice would be stance plus.

Has anyone here lowered their mk3 on any of the above?

Thanks

Leather Luxe Design

Nov 5, 2019
I only want to drop around 40mm from current ride height, i would have been happy with springs but lowest is 40mm from standard ride height (i believe fr sits around 15mm lower than standard) so would only drop around 25mm from current ride height.

I know the ride will be harder but would like to know opinions from people with any of these kits to see if bearable or not!!

Thanks

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
To be fair I dropped an Audi A4 down around 40mm and it was only speed humps that caused issues. Unfortunately our roads are not like billiard table tops, more like a replication of the cratered surface from the moon...

In regards to the original questions, I've had cars in the past with coilovers and lowering springs. Personally I found them both to be a hard ride, but the lowering springs were slightly more forgiving.

mdaw1985

Aug 3, 2008
St.Leonards, East Sussex
I know it's not much help but I did lower my old mk4 Seat ibiza sport 130 tdi 30mm on weitec springs and shocks about 12 years ago. Weitec were what is now ST. Got to say I was impressed as it lowered the car, it handled better and improved the ride quality. The old sport suspension was horrid and crashy and understeerd a lot. Afterwards it felt more like the face lifted cupra. I was originally going for koni springs and shocks but got talked into the weitec by a bloke from a place called F1 Brighton which was once listed on seatcupra.Net.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.