Cold idle engine shakes - TFSI

MrFwibble

Aug 26, 2011
Scottish Borders
Hey,

Recently on cold start when the revs are at 1200rpm the car doesn't feel right, it's shaking a bit and if you prod the throttle it is a bit jerky.

Once you drive for a little bit and the idle revs are back down to 700rpm ish it seems fine.

Coil packs were replaced earlier this year under recall. I had the spark plugs and fuel filter replaced a few weeks ago to see if that would help, but it didn't.

Oil level fine. MPG is fine (34mpg).

Engine is BWA on 2006 plate Leon Sport.

Where should I start looking? :)

Cheers
Dave

MrFwibble

Aug 26, 2011
Scottish Borders
OK, so no error codes on VAG COM, apart from something to do with the door mirror switch.

Does anyone think it sounds like either the MAF or maybe temp sensor?

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
Hey,

Recently on cold start when the revs are at 1200rpm the car doesn't feel right, it's shaking a bit and if you prod the throttle it is a bit jerky.

Once you drive for a little bit and the idle revs are back down to 700rpm ish it seems fine.

Coil packs were replaced earlier this year under recall. I had the spark plugs and fuel filter replaced a few weeks ago to see if that would help, but it didn't.

Oil level fine. MPG is fine (34mpg).

Engine is BWA on 2006 plate Leon Sport.

Where should I start looking? :)

Cheers
Dave

Maybe a minor leak with your PCV system...but if anything it mite be down to the cold winter that is coming...my tfsi sport is suffering with clutch/gearbox issue with the coldness hoping a fresh replacement off oil would cure my problem (hoping)...