cold start

ljpacey

aka captin slow!!
Jan 19, 2009
hi guys just wordering if anyone elis is haveing this problam, as we all no the weather is very cold, wen i start my ibiza from cold it miss fires of abit then stops then dose it agen? untill its warm and the lights on dash dim then go nomal, just wordering if anyone havein same problam or havein any other problams with cold starts or cold weather,

(P.S a few members on here are not too friendly about badly spelt threads so you may want to look out for this ;))

im sure members can hold back on things not quite being spelt right we dont all have literature skills atleast hes not writing in tx.

my car when making the cold start growl noise for a minute or so kinda sounds like it misses a bit briefly but my lights dont dim or anything i dont think its a problem its just part of the warm up stage i beleive.

joesmad4it

Cupra TD-aight!
Mar 11, 2008
Wickford - Essex
...we dont all have literature skills atleast hes not writing in tx

:p just noticed a few comments on poor spelling in the past so before someone makes a smart comment I thought I'd warn him!

Like al said it can be the cold making the engine misfire but personally I've never had this in either petrol or diesel cars. If you have a diesel make sure you wait till coil light goes out before starting the engine (or even warm it twice before first start)

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Dunno about anyone else but last night i drove for about 20 minutes in proper blizzard conditions, it was snowing that heavy it was laying on the road even though there was plenty of traffic :| got back to my girlfriends house, turned it off for 20 minutes, then we were off out for a meal, jumped into my car switched it on. Started up fine but the steering wheel light was on and rev counter wasnt working. Then the oil light started to flash all the other dash lights came on and the car was beeping at me. Switched it straight off, let it settle a minute, got out and checked the oil, there was plenty in it (only serviced 3-4k ago). Jumped in started it up again and it did the same, yet it sounded fine and revved fine and i knew there was loads of oil in.

Long story short, girlfriends dad kindly gave us a lift and when i got back i turned the car on again and it was fine, also left it over night and it was fine this morning too. Think snow may have got in the engine compartment or something?

ljpacey

aka captin slow!!
Jan 19, 2009
wow mines not doing that but i no my frends cars have done that in the past, joes i have the petrol i have an oil temp as well and dont think if the water temp in on 90c its warm, wen my water temp is at 90 my oil in below 50 :0, who the hell boots it in this weather, o joes i have realy bad dyslexia i have to google most words lol and i dont use txt slang, i am sorry about my spelling,

joesmad4it

Cupra TD-aight!
Mar 11, 2008
Wickford - Essex
wow mines not doing that but i no my frends cars have done that in the past, joes i have the petrol i have an oil temp as well and dont think if the water temp in on 90c its warm, wen my water temp is at 90 my oil in below 50 :0, who the hell boots it in this weather, o joes i have realy bad dyslexia i have to google most words lol and i dont use txt slang, i am sorry about my spelling,

Don't get me wrong mate, I couldn't give a damn but fear people may give you grief over it! feel bad mentioning it now! :D

I guess having an oil temp you will have more of an idea when the engines warm or not. Not sure how easy it is to get plugs out but try having a look at them and give them a clean up. With regards to booting it in this weather I'm with you, if your engine is not warmed properly you'll be doing damage!

Last edited:

ljpacey

aka captin slow!!
Jan 19, 2009
joes dont worry about it matey lol i no what you ment and that :), year i realy should look at the plugs but i cant be arst in this weather lol :S i will soon tho :D, thanks matey

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise