Collection and First few weeks tips & Advice

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
May well be in the standard spec, have a nosey online to see how it comes kitted out now

Edit
Just read AJ's post, I keep forgetting your the FR, Its standard Fraczish, rest easy.

I think its some sleep your needing :rofl:

Last edited:

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
Hmmm this is a mystery then, I've no idea what build date was for my car so dont know if Itll have this function or not.. (Used to be standard on the FR)

It was a standard feature on the first batch of FRs built at the beginning of the year but the feature got dropped around May time I believe, not sure of exact Build Week. It's only just been reinstated from build week 49.

Edit: I mean the kerb tilt function when you put the car in reverse got dropped and is being reinstated. Fraczish, like Andy said you will still have electric folding mirrors. For example when you press and hold the lock button on your remote for a couple of secs your car will lock itself and mirrors will fold automatically. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused :)

Last edited:

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
4 Days 50 min to go

wpid-tumblr_inline_mjzfw2yc6s1qz4rgp2.gif

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013
Emailed my dealer, he confirmed my car was built week 45, he went out and tried the drop down mirror but it does not drop. Sounds like week 49 is right... Dam it!
Roll on wedsnesday!!! :)

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
Emailed my dealer, he confirmed my car was built week 45, he went out and tried the drop down mirror but it does not drop. Sounds like week 49 is right... Dam it!
Roll on wedsnesday!!! :)

I take it he does know there's a box needs ticking in the dash puter menu then it needs setting up?

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013
I do have everything crossed that this will be the case but I'm not holding out a lot of hope! Not long now!!!!!!

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013
One very happy FR owner!!! What a fantastic car and the engine is remarkable!
Shame its already filthy :-(

Last edited:

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
...you say this option needs setting up after enabling? How do you mean fella?

Just had a look at the manual, page 124, it would appear its a simplified version to mine, no adjustment or activation required looks like it either works or it doesn't, if fitted as long as the mirror control knob is sitting at 'R' it'll auto tilt on reverse select.

Tilt function for front passenger exterior mirror*
The mirror can automatically tilt slightly to provide a better view of the kerb
when parking backwards. The control must be in the position R for this feature
to be operational.
The mirror returns to its original position as soon as you drive forwards at
over 15 km/h (10 mph) or switch off the ignition. It also returns to its original
position if the position of the control is adjusted

Sorry for the bum steer there, same switch gear same VAG stable you'd expect them to be similar as a minimum, the newer to be if anything more advanced not more basic, you live and learn :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013
Thanks Andy, checked the same page in mine and it tells me I need to select R put the car in reverse, adjust the passenger mirror then take out of reverse...
Either way it still Doesnt bloody tilt lol

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
Naw Naw Naw, if I'm paying for it so is everybody else :p

Tbh I wasn't really fussed on it but I was on the mirror fold, you got both with the option.