Coming home feature

NMGMarques

Hiya all. So have had my Leon MK3 for 3 days now and have a bit of a issue. I can't get coming home function to work. It's set up in the car's adjustment menus under lighting, but the lights won't switch on when locking or unlocking the car. I don't have auto lights. But I do have full led. I read that coming home lights was standard across the range for all FR cars. Hope I was not misled. Any help greatly appreciated.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Pull back once on the high beam stalk before you get out of the car, headlights will come on for the time you have set in the menu and then switch off

roger7248

Sep 28, 2013
Bicester, Oxon
I haven't tried what dw911 says, but "automatic coming home and leaving home function" is only available as part of the Convenience Pack, per my brochure. It must be part of the auto light feature.

But what is coming home? I'm guessing it switches headlights on and off. Of course when you activate the unlock the interior lights come on as standard, and when you lock the interior lights stay on a while, then dim off.

GTunney

May 28, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne UK
I haven't tried what dw911 says, but "automatic coming home and leaving home function" is only available as part of the Convenience Pack, per my brochure. It must be part of the auto light feature.

But what is coming home? I'm guessing it switches headlights on and off. Of course when you activate the unlock the interior lights come on as standard, and when you lock the interior lights stay on a while, then dim off.

Coming home is when you pull up and it's dark. Take the key out the ignition but the lights remain on for the designated time. It's there to help you and light your path.

LeonSC

On my car (with convenience pack), there's options in the EasyConnect Car Setup menu for how long the coming/leaving home lights should stay on for. When I walk up to the car and press the unlock button on the key, the lights come on (DRLs during the day, both DRLs and dipped beam at night).

When leaving the car, when I take the key out of the ignition, the lights remain on for the chosen time after I press the lock button on the key.

Btw, I leave the light switch in the car in the "auto" position all the time.

Not sure how things differ for cars without the convenience pack.

NMGMarques

I don't have auto lights. But the function is present in the EasyConnect car setup menu. Hence why I think I should have it. Could it be that the function is present in the menu but not physically available?

Sent from my phone, typed with my fingers.

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
I don't have auto lights. But the function is present in the EasyConnect car setup menu. Hence why I think I should have it. Could it be that the function is present in the menu but not physically available?

Even without auto lights you still get the coming home feature, That's why its in the easy connect menu

Did you try what I posted in my first reply to your question ?

Last edited:

NMGMarques

Yeah. Pulling back worked. But I always expected it to work when I locked the car. Also, shouldn't they otherwise turn on when I unlock it?

GTunney

May 28, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne UK
Yeah. Pulling back worked. But I always expected it to work when I locked the car. Also, shouldn't they otherwise turn on when I unlock it?

Unless you've got the auto sensor then it will probably just be the sidelights that come on when you unlock the car.

Even if you have the sensor but not the LED headlights it's only the sidelights that come on and not the dipped beam which had me baffled for a while.

Dipped beam will only come on with Full LED headlights and auto sensor.

NMGMarques

Sidelights? You mean blinkers? I have full led, but not auto. The blinkers just blink when I unlock the car. Nothing stays on to illuminate.

NMGMarques

I have 3 positions. O, what seems to be Sidelights or minimum, and medium or dipped beam I think. I can post pics if needed.

faw13

Sep 2, 2013
Try pressing the unlock button twice to activate leaving home, my FR equipped with auto lights sometimes doesnt turn on the dipped lights but when i press unlock while the doors are unlocked, it turns on the light for the time set in the easyconnect setup.

Coming home works fine though, everytime i get out of the car when it is dark, it keeps the lights on for 30 secs which i set on the easyconnect

NMGMarques

Hope the photo is accessible.
1382524623296.jpg

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
The brochure lists:

Coming home headlight function (manual)

and

Convenience Pack: Includes rain-sensing wipers, light sensor (with automatic coming
and leaving home function) and auto-dimming rear view mirror

so I don't think you have the leaving home function (manual or auto) without the convenience pack/sensor.

dw911

Mar 30, 2013

If you don't have auto lights, then what you said above is all you will get and nothing elae

You won't get them to come on by locking or unlocking the car or pushing the unlocking button 27 times or dancing a jig
:)

Don't worry, I was disappointed too, had auto lights on my mk2 and should of specd then on the mk3

NMGMarques

Same here. I failed to notice that they were part of the convenience pack. Wishing I had sprung for it, now. Oh well. That's life I guess. Thanks to all for answering.

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
... (DRLs during the day, both DRLs and dipped beam at night).

I don't remember my DRL's coming on during the day. Is that how it should work? the DRLs and dipped comes on when its dark but nothing at all in the day.

Last edited:

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
DRLs should be on 24/7.

It became a legal requirement after 2011.

I mean coming on for the leaving home feature. During the day when I unlock nothing comes on as far as I can see but the DRL's and dipped come on when dark.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.