Coming home feature

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
Ahh silly me.

Have you got auto lights terry?

Yep, have the tech pack and convenience pack. LH and CH work when i have the switch on auto, just dont see the DRL'sw come when I unlock during the day as LeonSC described.

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
I mean coming on for the leaving home feature. During the day when I unlock nothing comes on as far as I can see but the DRL's and dipped come on when dark.

That's correct, the photo electric cell only lets the coming/leaving home feature come on when its dark.
Just the same as the dipped headlights when in auto mode

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
So the DRLs don't come on during the day for the auto leaving home as LeonSC mentioned? Just worried my car is not working as it should.

GTunney

May 28, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne UK
It depends on the darkness and what he has the sensor set to in the easy connect.

I've got mine set to highest sensitivity and they often come on during the day when it's dull.

LeonSC

I don't remember my DRL's coming on during the day. Is that how it should work? the DRLs and dipped comes on when its dark but nothing at all in the day.

I got this wrong...sorry... as others have described, it's only at night that the leaving home feature works. When you press the unlock button on the key the lights come on in two stages, DRLs first, then dipped beam. During the day, nothing happens at all.

Sorry about that :)

NMGMarques

I wanted to link to a different thread but can't since I don't have the 15 posts necessary to post to "other sites" :)

So instead, I'll just copy / paste into here and hope that some of you also have this issue. Wondering if it's just me or if I forgot to order something else, also. I was pretty sure they told me this was standard on the car.

But in my FR menu I have an option to "fold away mirrors on parking" or something to that effect. I was half expecting the mirrors would fold away automatically upon exiting the vehicle and pressing the lock button on the key. Instead, I have to long press so that it can courtesy close the windows and fold away the mirrors. So what the hell is the option for?

Also, I have a series of plastics (rear bumper and rear view side mirrors bottom half) that have this off gray stained look, almost as if the plastics are old and eaten away. On a brand new car. This is a bit off-putting

Other than that and the gas guzzling (still pretty new with less than 1000km on it) I am pretty content with the car. Most definitely with the handling. Glad I sprung for the 18" rims.

Last edited by a moderator:

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
I wanted to link to a different thread but can't since I don't have the 15 posts necessary to post to "other sites" :)

So instead, I'll just copy / paste into here and hope that some of you also have this issue. Wondering if it's just me or if I forgot to order something else, also. I was pretty sure they told me this was standard on the car.

That's how its ment to work, that's the option
The other choice is mirrors that you have to fold manually by pushing them with your hand

Whereas the automatic ones are folded by pushing and holding the button and I guess they are automatic to a degree, they unfold automatically when you unlock the car (no long button push needed)

Maybe ask for a 50% discount on the folding mirror option as they are only truly automatic in one direction ;-)

That's got me thinking, Maybe I should complain to hoover about my "automatic washing machine" :p

NMGMarques

That's how its ment to work, that's the option
The other choice is mirrors that you have to fold manually by pushing them with your hand

Whereas the automatic ones are folded by pushing and holding the button and I guess they are automatic to a degree, they unfold automatically when you unlock the car (no long button push needed)

Maybe ask for a 50% discount on the folding mirror option as they are only truly automatic in one direction ;-)

That's got me thinking, Maybe I should complain to hoover about my "automatic washing machine" :p

Lol!!! Loved the auto washing machine bit :rofl:

Yeah, I thought this might be it, but was expecting the park and fold to be a bit more "automatic". I don't like having to press so hard on my remote-key for so long. It makes me feel the button isn't going to last long. :blink:

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Lol!!! Loved the auto washing machine bit :rofl:

Yeah, I thought this might be it, but was expecting the park and fold to be a bit more "automatic". I don't like having to press so hard on my remote-key for so long. It makes me feel the button isn't going to last long. :blink:

:) I know what you mean, I was expecting the same and the dealers aren't always too sure on their advise on how it should work

On the bright side there are times its handy to leave the windows slightly open but still lock the car, something not always possible on some cars that auto close and fold on locking
So I guess it's both good and bad how seat do it

I take it you know you can fold the mirrors before you exit the car if your worried about wearing out the key fob

NMGMarques

:) I know what you mean, I was expecting the same and the dealers aren't always too sure on their advise on how it should work

On the bright side there are times its handy to leave the windows slightly open but still lock the car, something not always possible on some cars that auto close and fold on locking
So I guess it's both good and bad how seat do it

I take it you know you can fold the mirrors before you exit the car if your worried about wearing out the key fob

You mean by rotating the knob for the electric mirrors? Yeah! I hadn't noticed it at first these past 3 weeks. I only noticed it mid this week along with the heated mirrors bit. It's workable, but not exactly what I was hoping. And besides, turning the knob so often would leave me worried the knob would break instead of the key button :D

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
You mean by rotating the knob for the electric mirrors? Yeah! I hadn't noticed it at first these past 3 weeks. I only noticed it mid this week along with the heated mirrors bit. It's workable, but not exactly what I was hoping. And besides, turning the knob so often would leave me worried the knob would break instead of the key button :D

Yes That's the one

You can't help some people lol ;)
Maybe u need a car with voice activated switches ;-)

Yes the mirror knob does seem quite flimsy

Could be an interesting conversation with the dealer though
"I've just snapped off my knob is it covered under seat warranty?"
" Sounds painful, Are you sure its a garage sir needs, or nhs direct"
:D

NMGMarques

Yeah, I'm picky about my cars that way. The tiniest scratch gets me all worked up. Today I noticed a small (about 3 cm long) hair thin scratch on my front bumber under the driver side headlamp. It's driving me nuts!!! And I am sure I didn't do it. I have been parallel parking since I got the car and unless some of the other dweebs that live around me have given me a nudge that caused this, I am sure I didn't do it.

Yeah... I know! I suffer from an OCD for sure :p