Common Mk4 Problems

collikiller

reverse light not working

:help: The reverse light has never worked on my mk4 1.2 2002. I have checked the bulb and bulb connections and there is no voltage so im assuming its the reverse light switch. Does anybody know where its located?

DAZ-FR20vt

tried putting silica bags in my headslights but still no joy with the condensation,
anyone any tips or hints for getting rid of it?

thanks

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
Drill a few small holes in the headlight covers, give it a few days and it'll be gone.

I just wrote the exact same answer in another thread in the main mk4 section! :)

DAZ-FR20vt

so just 3 or 4 5mm holes in the back headlight cover n that shood doo it?

cheers al givce that a bash, am sure it can't get any worse than what its like just now lol

DAZ-FR20vt

thanks alot m8, al give that a try tommorw n see what results I can get :D

(y)

:help: The reverse light has never worked on my mk4 1.2 2002. I have checked the bulb and bulb connections and there is no voltage so im assuming its the reverse light switch. Does anybody know where its located?

would of thought there would be a plug on the top of the gearbox. that was where it was on my mk2 golf gti. ill have a look on our lasses 1.2 for you though & see of i can see it & put a pic up showing it

conno11y

Ibiza FR 1.8t

I have a rattle in my passenger side rear light cluster (the cluster that is part of the tailgate) which I can hear whilst i'm driving and it really bugs me... I just can't bring myself to buy a new light for such a small niggle...

I also get the engine management light come up for the same fault about every 3-4months. VAGcom tells me it's EVAP incorrect flow... dunno how serious it is with it being so intermittent... I suppose i'd have it looked at if it was popping up all the time.

DAZ-FR20vt

thanks again (Mick-FR) tried the holes in the back and now theres no condensation watso ever :d
really happy with the results lol thought I'd never get rid of it :O
top tip (y)

Nicko

I've had my '07 plate Ibiza TDI with 55K on the clock for just over a week now and have found the following problems.

Rear console bushes starting to split.
A door locking issue. If I push the lock button on my key once, all is well. If I press it again (which i quite often do, just to make sure it's locked) the passenger door unlocks allowing it to be opened. The alarm is still active and so it goes off.

At the service they said a couple of faults came up on the reader.
A fault for nearside locking unit (F221) which I guess is my door lock problem.
A fault with a pressure switch on the air con (F129). The climate control screen flashes for a time when the ignition is turned on.

Also the plastic trim on the interior of the B pillar keeps un-clipping itself both sides.

Has anyone else had these problems? I guess everyone's had the bushes one...

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
I have a rattle in my passenger side rear light cluster (the cluster that is part of the tailgate) which I can hear whilst i'm driving and it really bugs me... I just can't bring myself to buy a new light for such a small niggle...
I have got the same problem on mine. It rattles if I thump it or slam the tailgate. I removed it to see if I could find what is loose but it is sealed and I can't see which bit is vibrating. I have learned to live with it.

Stokie

Mk3 Leon Fr184
May 24, 2010
Stoke
Im going rub it in now :lol: after reading this im quite shocked i must have a good one :)

1.4 16v Sport 05-plate 60k - no problems what so ever, only general wear & tear iteams suc as droplinks, bushes, discs, pads etc replaced!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.