Comp Brake Top Mounts... Opinions?

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Looking at them, if you have a strut brace you might have a problem as the locking part comes from underneth so will hit the bolts holding the strut brace on.

You sure Phil, I'd have thought the mount comes through from the bottom and locking ring goes on the top of the strut housing? If it were the other way round there would be alot of force on the thread to stop the shock coming through the bonnet?!

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
these will be rock hard aswell. but if you dont mind that then they will be a decent mod

ina do uprated top mounts also, less harsh than solid but harder than oem

80 quid iirc

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
You sure Phil, I'd have thought the mount comes through from the bottom and locking ring goes on the top of the strut housing? If it were the other way round there would be alot of force on the thread to stop the shock coming through the bonnet?!

"Featuring a 17mm race bearing and is secured with an aluminium locking ring from underneath."

Just read the description and as quoted above, this why i thought it would catch the strutt bolts. ;)

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
"Featuring a 17mm race bearing and is secured with an aluminium locking ring from underneath."

Just read the description and as quoted above, this why i thought it would catch the strutt bolts. ;)

Interesting design! I should have read that first!! :redface:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.