Condensation in headlights

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
I have two dry headlights now, holes are the way to go.

When i was at the stealers, there was guy with a brand new leon with the exact same problem. The dealers were pissing him about taking photos to show to SEAT etc, going on about fitting vents. The whole thing is utter bullshit and SEAT should just sort the problem out for all there cars.

Disgusting.

Jan 11, 2005
Barnsley
Good news, i managed to get rid on the water droplets in the headlights. Full beam with towels covering the lenses and the caps off the back.

However.... my driver side headlight now has a melt bubble in the middle :lol:

What an absolute tit i am, i really should just leave well alone.

Any idea how much for a new headlight from the ****ing stealers? :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Haha I managed to do this a bit ago after doing the same and forgetting about them being on for 30 minutes. Managed to drop on a pair of new genuine headlights on ebay for £70 delivered. Not fitted yet so keeping them in the house where it's warm and dry.

It's pretty obvious when looking at them that the cut out in the back of the light isn't flat and the cover is, so it leaves small gaps to allow the water in.

Tempted to silicone the backs on with a low modulus silicone. If a bulb goes, prize the covers off and stick them back when done.

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Haha I managed to do this a bit ago after doing the same and forgetting about them being on for 30 minutes. Managed to drop on a pair of new genuine headlights on ebay for £70 delivered. Not fitted yet so keeping them in the house where it's warm and dry.

It's pretty obvious when looking at them that the cut out in the back of the light isn't flat and the cover is, so it leaves small gaps to allow the water in.

Tempted to silicone the backs on with a low modulus silicone. If a bulb goes, prize the covers off and stick them back when done.

Once you have removed your old lights, please mail them to SEAT. Im doing the same with the one they removed. Gonna fill it with dog **** first however :lol:

PCIronmike

The drilled holes in the cover seems to have done the trick and there's been quite a bit of rain too , overall I'm happy with the result , can't remember who posted about drilling the covers but power to ya !!.
:clap:

Stiglet

Feb 12, 2010
Surrey
well ive only done 1 light as an experiment before i get my FR and i have to say it is slowly drying out despite all the rain, and it never steamed up as much as the other undone light!! looking good so far. i didnt drill holes on the top just down the side and the bottom, thought if water does get on them it cant run up hill..

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.