Condensation in headlights

Mydogfred

Jun 20, 2013
Has anyone found any condensation on the inside if their headlights? I had quite a lot this morning on both headlights along the bottom on the inside! I have the LED lights.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Most if not all cars with clear lens headlights suffer from this phenomenon as the weather changes and mornings get colder. If there is water collecting inside them (lots) then I would head back to the dealer to have it sorted.

GTunney

May 28, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne UK
Has anyone found any condensation on the inside if their headlights? I had quite a lot this morning on both headlights along the bottom on the inside! I have the LED lights.

Got my car yesterday and also had some condensation in the lights. Along the bottom on the inside.

I have the normal halogen headlights.

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Don't think there is any real way to get rid of condensation in this way, as water vapour is a constant ingredient of the air. Only if they were vacuum sealed maybe, but thats probably impractical and expensive.

It will come an go, I used to notice it with my Mk2, but other days it wasn't there, so just temperature/atmospheric conditions.

But as other say if you getting a lot of liquid water collecting inside the headlamp unit, thats another matter and needs looking into.

Last edited:

goodshot

I have condensation on the inside my headlights. I spoke to the dealer about it, he said some is normal as the headlights aren't sealed and they test them by putting the lights on for 15 minutes to see if the condensation leaves.